[FT] Rangers 1 (Dessers 24') - 0 Motherwell

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

That depends what the manager does surely. Beale has had over 10 months to make an impression - it's just that it's not the impression required. Should we support failure?

We have been for the majority of the last dozen years and there's been one constant and it's not Michael Beale. 

Edited by CammyF

51 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We have been for the majority of the last dozen years and there's been one constant and it's not Michael Beale. 

What constant is that? Certainly not the current directors.

16 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Barisic was getting a lot of joy down the left in the first half, and fired in multiple good crosses without so much as a challenge at the other end.

Lammers and Dessers need to be making more of an effort there.

Makes you wonder what's the point of relying on cross balls when we almost never score from them and no longer have the forwards who can make something of them. Just another one of Beale's many mysteries.

19 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I think it is appropriate to put you under the iron curtain from now on.

Gonzo was right, dB. Only Gazza and Laudrup can play Gazza and Laudrup. Rangers will never again have players like that.

The current crew is hopeless. They’re not even Derek Grierson and Sammy Baird - nowhere near.

4 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Gonzo was right, dB. Only Gazza and Laudrup can play Gazza and Laudrup. Rangers will never again have players like that.

The current crew is hopeless. They’re not even Derek Grierson and Sammy Baird - nowhere near.

I know it is early days, but Butland looks like he could possibly have played in either an Advocaat or Smith team. 

19 hours ago, Bill said:

What constant is that? Certainly not the current directors.

Consecutive boards and Directors making incorrect decisions (footballing and non-footballing).

Edited by CammyF

5 hours ago, Scott7 said:

When I say players play akin to the style of e.g. Hateley (the more direct, robust centre-forward (as opposed to e.g. McCoist or Johnston)), or Laudrup (i.e. a free roving attacker), I do not necessarily compare that player to these players' abilities. It is not that difficult to grasp, IMHO. Cantwell is having a free role behind the front line (or striker), pops up on either wing or more centrally. Same with Lammers. Hence, he is more like Laudrup than e.g. a centre forward like Dessers or Roofe.