[FT] Rangers 1 (Dessers 24') - 0 Motherwell

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't think getting rid of the board is the way to go.  Getting them to get some more expertise in making managerial appointments would be preferable. 

We need to stop going back to previous employess.  The board seem to suffer from the same over-sentimentality that a lot of the support do.

I'd like to understand who came up with Beale as a candidate. Was he Wilson's choice, approved by the main board, or did Wilson have no part in identifying candidates?

15 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’m not suggesting getting rid off the board. I don’t think that’s an option.

So if they continue to get appointments wrong, fall further behind them  financially what do we do?

Edited by CammyF

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So if they continue to get appointments wrong, fall further behind them  financially what do we do?

Since many of the principal investors are also directors, there's nothing you can do. In any case, failure of the pitch isn't going to have a radical impact on share price.

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We have to hope they make the right appointment if they decide to get rid off Beale.Theres not a lot else we can do.

My understanding regards Beale is if he’s binned within his first year he gets no compensation. So decision time is fast approaching 

2 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

That was turgid dross.  I can't ever recall a winning team being booed.

It was a difficult watch. No doubt about it. Replacing the injured Matondo with CB Souttar didn’t work. It dramatically reduced our attacking options in whatever system Beale was trying to use

I don't think the directors are fools or that they have been unduly reckless in their managerial appointments but I do think their process and preparation have to be deeply flawed. They need help to find the next manager or there's every chance we will end up in another speculative experiment. I don't believe it's just a question of available finance either. I think we place too much emphasis on presumed technical experience & knowledge and not nearly enough on leadership qualities (OK, maybe Gerrard excepted)