[FT] Rangers 1 (Dessers 24') - 0 Motherwell

6 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

That was turgid dross.  I can't ever recall a winning team being booed.

We're at the stage now where improvement is being demanded and patience is all but exhausted.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think the directors are fools or that they have been unduly reckless in their managerial appointments but I do think their process and preparation have to be deeply flawed. They need help to find the next manager or there's every chance we will end up in another speculative experiment. I don't believe it's just a question of available finance either. I think we place too much emphasis on presumed technical experience & knowledge and not nearly enough on leadership qualities (OK, maybe Gerrard excepted)

They spoke to Graeme Souness about a return to the club which thankfully didn't materialise. 

However it was telling that Souness stated that there are far to many non football people making huge and largely incorrect decisions at top clubs including ours.

Edited by CammyF

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

They spoke to Graeme Souness about a return to the club which thankfully didn't materialise. 

However it was telling that Souness stated that there are far to many non football people making huge and largely incorrect decisions at top clubs including ours.

Can’t disagree with the last part but genuinely can’t see what value souness would add to us. Would he tell us we needed to go out and sign half the england team? That might have worked for him but times have changes.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

21 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

That was turgid dross.  I can't ever recall a winning team being booed.

The booing is OTT. I wanted him gone after Kilmarnock but when a Rangers manager can win in Europe and domestically in the space of 7 days it doesn’t matter how bad the performances were only the winning matters.

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Can’t disagree with the last part but genuinely can’t see what value souness would add to us. Would he tell us we needed to go out and sign half the england team? That might have worked for him but times have changes.

Oh I agree about Souness but he was 100% correct 

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Isn’t that why clubs employ DoF’s/ Sporting directors? To take football decisions? 
Wr did that too but ours wanted to sign players too e.g. Aaron Ramsey whom GvB never wanted 

Get the right person & this role can work but the wrong un & things can go badly wrong

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

Isn’t that why clubs employ DoF’s/ Sporting directors? To take football decisions? 
Wr did that too but ours wanted to sign players too e.g. Aaron Ramsey whom GvB never wanted 

Get the right person & this role can work but the wrong un & things can go badly wrong

So why have the board not replaced Wilson?

Edited by CammyF

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Big question. Would love them to answer it. Hopefully they do at the next fans forum. They seem to

be in hibernation until then.

I'm sure Bisgrove said the would evaluate the need for DOF once the summer transfer window closed.

15 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So why have the board not replaced Wilson?

My understanding is that they want to appoint a replacement. Maybe they can’t find the right person?

I was also told MB doesn’t want another DoF to be appointed. Whether thats true or not I don’t know