Cyriel Dessers

I said at the time (check back through the forums) that history would be kind to Big Eck. He consistently won trophies whilst having to sell his best players. He also managed to get us to the later stages of the CL where we were unlucky to be knocked out by Villarreal. 

When it all starting unravelling for Big Eck, there were demonstrations outside Ibrox calling for his head and finally he was cut loose. However, at the time, a very few souls understood that Big Eck wasn't the problem, but the custodian and bravely stood and called for boardroom change (and we all know how that ended up).

Not saying that we are at that stage, but the board really need to get this decision right or the fans ire may just turn onto them. Appointing the likes of Lampard, McInnes or Kettlewell will hasten this. 

Board have a huge decision to make and if you believe in a God, any God, I'd suggest you pray to them to guide the board in the right direction, otherwise things are going to get worse for us and the board. 

Edited by CammyF

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Symon, Wallace, Souness, Smith, McLeish all came from relative obscurity in managerial terms

I see what you’re getting at and you’re right but i’d exclude Scot Symon from the example. With East Fife he won promotion, won the League Cup and got the team to a Scottish Cup Final appearance. With Preston North End, a notable club in those days, he took them to a FA Cup Final and impressively PNE finished second in Division 1 on the same points total as the champions Arsenal, losing the title on goal average.

And he took five wickets for Scotland against Australia. Serial winner.

I'm willing to give Dessers another chance under a new manager tbh. He's been awful but at the same time, so has the whole team. The guys confidence is shot and the targeted booing was disgraceful IMO. I don't know if he'll come good but either way we have 4 million invested in him so we need to hope we get some return in the shape of goals. It's a clean slate for everybody with the new management for me.

I’m sorry but if I go by what I’ve actually seen from Dessers I have to conclude he’s the perfect on-field version of the manager who signed him. Fucking useless.

Still very early for Dessers and perhaps the new gaffer can unearth why we bought him. However thus far he is heading for the bottom drawer to join Ostenstad, Jeffers, Gayle and the 2 Joe's - Dodoo and Garner. Feck me we have had some legendary duffers upfront. 

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye, shouting you're shite or that's pish is guaranteed to gee someone up.  

Those who shout things like that are really targeting the dozen or so people around them, not the blokes on the park. It's a common form of "look at me" that's often adopted by needy people.