[Official] Rangers part company with Beale

52 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Davie White took Clyde to third in the league and, after us won the League Cup with Dundee.

That Clyde side - see what I did there? - was a rattling good one. At Shawfield in those bygone days.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Don't think anyone has mentioned Gattuso yet. He would cost compensation but would be a popular choice I think.

Fortunately, he's just taken a new job so isn't an option. He's the new Marseille manager

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

I remember 1967 after Scot Symon was dismissed, the cry was, 'Rangers need a tracksuit manager'.

Maybe today, we need a balaclava manager?

Neil Lennon remains available, just saying.

I thought that tat -and track suits- were the domain of Mr Bisgrove 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

It would also be interesting to hear who is going to be part of the interview process / panel when we come to interviewing out preferred candidates........

The first thing Bennett needs to do is assemble a selection team of (say) 2 or 3 advisors to help him, with at least one who knows how successful football clubs are run and are prepared to give him some home truths. The likes of Bisgrove should be nowhere near the process. Maybe Souness or the likes but doesn't need to have Rangers connections. Otherwise Bennett is making decisions based on garbage.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

The first thing Bennett needs to do is assemble a selection team of (say) 2 or 3 advisors to help him, with at least one who knows how successful football clubs are run and are prepared to give him some home truths. The likes of Bisgrove should be nowhere near the process. Maybe Souness or the likes but doesn't need to have Rangers connections. Otherwise Bennett is making decisions based on garbage.

Isn't Felix Magath a shareholder? Maybe him and Souness? 

21 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Given we've had Steve Davis photoshoot and official Rangers media interview with him, am I the only one worried he is going to be manager for more than "a couple of games"?

I’m not worried about it as he is probably a better option than the majority of names I’ve seen so far. 

Genuinely the likes of Muscat and Jansen strike fear into me. They will be lucky to last 6 months.