[2023] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Next Rangers manager?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

• Derek McInnes
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Frank Lampard
    • Neil Warnock
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Scott Parker
    • Pascal Jansen
    • Steven Davis
    • Marcelo Gallardo
    • Graham Potter
    • Philippe Clement
    • Ralph Hasenhuttl

Im not sure Lampard is being considered but wouldn’t totally dismiss the idea. We’ve had similar appointments before in Souness & Gerrard. Both were well respected as players with no management experience but brought assistants & back room staff with them. Both worked reasonably well I think

No idea who Lampard would bring with him but having someone with his background as a player in charge can attract players to the club we might not otherwise have got. His managerial record isn’t great but he’s not the only recent manager to fail at Chelsea & Everton is just a basketcase as Dyche is finding out

I don't understand the clamour for Neil McCann. A great player for us, a very good pundit, tends to back Rangers in his punditry but gived criticism when its justified, but failed in all coaching / manager roles he's had. 

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I don't understand the clamour for Neil McCann. A great player for us, a very good pundit, tends to back Rangers in his punditry but gived criticism when its justified, but failed in all coaching / manager roles he's had. 

Some just can't get past this 'Rangers man' nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Good to see Gribs going all in with my 'no more former players' attitude.  

🤣

Kind of knew that would have been brought up and was going to add a bit about this on original post. Its more about getting the right people in the right positions whether that means former players or not. The Laudrups and T Steven are adopted Bears which is significant. I think we are in bad way and Beale hit a destructive button in the summer and it may be that going down the former player route is what it takes to build things from scratch again, as it looks like a bit of a mammoth task of a job for anyone. Its not that I am adamant that ex players should be in the set up, I wasnt for Souness returning but certain values seem like they need to be put in place at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I think he would offer quite a lot on the training ground, no way would I expect him to be No.1 or 2. But I like him and always comes across very well and seems quite a popular option to be involved in the set up somehow. 

I've read most of the threads this morning and fully agree with your stance about the board. Thats where is has to start and a strong DOF is key to this. 

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Southampton 0-9 Leicester City: Foxes equal record for biggest Premier League win - BBC Sport

FRI 25 OCT 2019PREMIER LEAGUE
Southampton0Leicester City9
Bertrand (Dismissed at12'minutes)
FTHT 0-5
Chilwell (10'minutes), 
Tielemans (17'minutes), 
Pérez (19'minutes, 39'minutes, 57'minutes), 
Vardy (45'minutes, 58'minutes, 90'+4minutes pen), 
Maddison (85'minutes)
Assists
Tielemans (19'minutes), 
Chilwell (39'minutes, 58'minutes), 
Barnes (57'minutes)

Good memory - that was a sharp response. That result alone should mean RH is out of the running 😄

Bringing in Lampard is the sort of ridiculous marketing strategy just to raise profile and be seen to have brought in another big name to the club, without the slightest thought of whether it might work or not, or if said high profile name is actually a talented coach or not.

Sounds like the sort of scheme only a commercial manager promoted beyond his talent to CEO would think of. Thank goodness we dont have such a man in charge of us!