We haven’t recovered from 2012

55 and Seville were great but we are, as yet, still to recover our position from pre-2012.

Whilst we are chasing Celtic’s coattails and trying to pick up the odd cup here and there they will continue to win the league and soon enough I predict they will start mouthing off about 10IAR.

2012 has put them in a power of strength and excluding Lennon bottling the big one we have been unable to get back on top for any reasonable amount of time.

The loser and second best mentality will not improve until we rid ourself of the old guard of Tavernier, Goldson, Barasic and even Ryan Jack and John Lundstram.

I think we can strap ourselves in for a rough few years where they will overtake our trophy haul and league titles.

What I’d like to see is the new manager to come in with a medium to long term plan to turn things around. There’s no point going on a run of league wins when we are 10-12 points back and the league is done. We need real change and that starts with the losers that have let us down one too many times.

We wasted a great opportunity whilst coming back through the leagues. That's when we should have employed a young up and coming manager and competent youth system. 

And you are correct, we haven't fully recovered for various reasons - 55 and EL Final have proven to be false dawns and the exceptions to woeful football and terrible miss management both on and off the field. 

9 hours ago, Rousseau said:

We weren't far(-ish) off with GvB and Beale. 

Think where we'd be with a competent manager?

The problem we have now is that Beale not only failed to get the best out of what he inherited but he set us further back by unloading substandard crap into the squad. We have little of no trading value in our first team and I can't see how we rise out of this mire unless and until we improve player quality. I think Beale may have condemned us to at least another two seasons of failure.

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

The problem we have now is that Beale not only failed to get the best out of what he inherited but he set us further back by unloading substandard crap into the squad. We have little of no trading value in our first team and I can't see how we rise out of this mire unless and until we improve player quality. I think Beale may have condemned us to at least another two seasons of failure.

I still retain the belief - hope - that they're not substandard, but merely under-utilised. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I still retain the belief - hope - that it's not substandard, but merely under-utilised. 

Dessers, Lammers ...... I'm not even convinced they're football players.