Poll Re-run: Who is your preferred choice as the new manager?

Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

3 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Is there no smoke coming from Ibrox Towers yet? FFS how long does it take!

If we are to believe it is a two-horse race with Clement & Muscat, with a lot of indecision around I sometimes play the old opposites game, where you ask yourself if the tims were looking for a new manger and it was down to these two, which one would you be hoping they DIDN'T get? That therefore gives you the answer as to who we want. That draws me towards Clement and away from Muscat. But in fairness either of these look as if they have the experience and credentials we are looking for so would be ok with either and as long as it isnt McInnes, Lampard or any other serial losers or anti-football merchants then it is a step forward from the snake-oil salesman.

I don't think anyone can predict a timescale for this, since it's a process involving multiple parties and there's no guarantee any offer will be accepted or how vigorously agents will negotiate. I'm sure by now the board would like this settled every bit as much as we do. Btw there's a lot of talk about the board having split opinions but I've seen not a shred of evidence to support this.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

Be that as it may, this no-one-knew-anything-about Ange chap we all laughed about back in the day was good enough to get them silverware on all fronts but Europe. He built a team (with lush CL-millions) that was good enough to hold everything in Scotland well at bay, including us. Whereas we toiled along with "modern football".

TBH, I have no clue about most of the guys in the poll these days - their managerial credentials, that is. And I don't mind that, as long as the one who comes in gets this team back on track and we start winning trophies again. Be it Clement, Muscat, or Davis. There won't be any new arrivals (bar freebies) before the turn of the year, so we are stuck with what we have - no matter the manager. I still think that we bought decent quality, even though we made horrible decision along the way (Colak, Sakala, Hagi).

The Phantom seldom makes serious tweets, so I wouldn't imagine this one is anything but tongue in cheek.

It's interesting that 54 members voted in the poll about sacking Beale but only 22 (so far) appear to give a shit whether Muscat or Clement take the reins. In fact more people voted against sacking Beale than have voted for Muscat and Clement combined. Clearly, we are far more concerned with the past than the future.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's interesting that 54 members voted in the poll about sacking Beale but only 22 (so far) appear to give a shit whether Muscat or Clement take the reins. In fact more people voted against sacking Beale than have voted for Muscat and Clement combined. Clearly, we are far more concerned with the past than the future.

Maybe like me, they can't decide. We need an either option.

2 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

Maybe like me, they can't decide. We need an either option.

Or a neither? Or maybe it's only a bit of fun and not to be taken so seriously we can't bring ourselves to take a view. 😉

9 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I just want an appointment and not really bothered if it is Muscat or Clement and don't see the point in a huge debate about it. 

Manager fatigue? 😂

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

People's anger always comes to the fore, creativity and making a choice, not so much. Social media is pretty much based on this. 

51 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I sometimes play the old opposites game, where you ask yourself if the tims were looking for a new manger and it was down to these two, which one would you be hoping they DIDN'T get

That’s usually a very reliable guide. Uniquely the difference in the present case is that they have by SP standards a reasonably well oiled machine that needs a light touch -  Clement? Rangers need someone who will bang heads together and deflate egos and light a fire under the team - Muscat?

6 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

That’s usually a very reliable guide. Uniquely the difference in the present case is that they have by SP standards a reasonably well oiled machine that needs a light touch -  Clement? Rangers need someone who will bang heads together and deflate egos and light a fire under the team - Muscat?

We’ve been long overdue someone to crack the whip I think some of them look at Ibrox as a kind of rest home an easy billet just go through the motions and pick up a decent pay packet every Friday.