Mary 'Tiny' Gallacher has passed away

• Rousseau changed the title to Mary 'Tiny' Gallacher Has Passed Away
3 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Mary(Tiny) was a true Ranger.

Her family, particularly on the maternal side had an almost unbroken century of service to the club. I believe her Grandmother was appointed by Bill Struth in  late 1929, as a cleaner for the opening of the then newly constructed Main Stand?

Yep, I remember Tiny telling us the story on the tour.

We did the tour, my younger brother is mentally handicapped - and Tiny went above and beyond and way out of her way for him to have a special experience.

When we talk about club legends, people like Tiny should be in that conversation - these people who give their lives to the club (and Tiny was definitely one of them - you could tell that the club meant everything to her) are part of the very fabric that the club was built around.

Such a terrible loss.

Rest easy sweet Tiny

• Rousseau changed the title to Mary 'Tiny' Gallacher has passed away
1 hour ago, craig said:

Yep, I remember Tiny telling us the story on the tour.

We did the tour, my younger brother is mentally handicapped - and Tiny went above and beyond and way out of her way for him to have a special experience.

When we talk about club legends, people like Tiny should be in that conversation - these people who give their lives to the club (and Tiny was definitely one of them - you could tell that the club meant everything to her) are part of the very fabric that the club was built around.

Such a terrible loss.

Rest easy sweet Tiny

This.

We forget that Rangers also has a social history just as vibrant and on occasion tragic, just like our players and team.

• 2 weeks later...

💙 Mary ‘Tiny’ Gallacher, who served the club for over 50 years, was a treasured friend to generations of players and staff, receiving the John Greig Achievement Award in 2014 for her dedication to the club.

A private service will take place at 12 noon on Tuesday November 14, with the funeral cortege set to pass Ibrox prior to this.

Supporters are invited to pay their final respects.

33 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Idk if it's an unpopular view but the HoF should be open to non-players like Tiny and Jimmy Bell imo.

But then you open a can of worms...

The HoF has been a can of worms for years. Too many players who probably shouldn't be in it. The likes of Tiny and Jimmy are more deserving than many of the names on that board.