[FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Tavernier 50pen, 64; Wright 55)

23 hours ago, Gribz said:

It was surprising to read that we havent won this cup for 12 years when for me growing up it was the cup we seemed to stroll every year and in the 90s it probably had a bit more affiliation to it than the Scottish Cup.  

True, I remember a time when the only thing we won was the Skol/League Cup and the old Tenants 6's

8 hours ago, Gribz said:

Nah, I hear what you were saying. 👍 Think we had Aberdeen 3 finals in a row in the late 80s? For nostalgia purposes I'll throw in the 96 final 4-3 v Hearts when Gascoigne came out and bagged a classic double (he had a double at half time aswell) - and it was the Neil McCann trial game where he was awesome. 

Delighted to be in the final although the date Dec 17 could have been arranged a bit better, it was always great to get this final in October. 

What length of contract is Butland on BTW anyone? At a time around 6 or 7 years ago when England had 3 or 4 coming through he was easily the best out of Pickford and Pope plus with Forster and Foster around - but he got a bad injury. Its great to see him showing his talent again - he is a top keeper and I wouldnt be swapping him for Pickford, Henderson or Sam Johnstone. 

Im liking what Clement seems to be doing, there just seems a bigger professionalism around the place and we have to remember he has barely had time on the training ground to implement his style due to midweek games.  

4 year deal mate, he's secured dw haha 😄

I reckon he'll be our no 1 for the next 5 or 6 seasons tbh, I don't think any prem teams who are pushing for Europe would want to sign him (they'd do worse) and I'm saying this as someone from Birmingham, respectfully, you're just not swapping Rangers for Birmingham City.

Put it this way Rangers are more likely to reach another European final than BCFC to achieve European football. Absolute basket case of a club.

14 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

Every passing game PC is showing how out of his depth Beale was. Hugh Keevins might be a rabid bheast but he's bang on about PC. The decision to hire Michael Beale was a f*cking disgrace.  I thought both pens were soft but ours was 100% more a pen than theirs. You probably need to have played the game to understand why though which is probably why the referee gave both! 

Hearts penalty was a disgrace. Davies barely touched him. It was a brush, a slight touch, nowhere near enough to go down. 

He's mediocre at best. Think a few are getting carried away coz we won. He's clearly not good enough. 

He cannot play in the same team as Lammers. Simple as that. There's nothing difficult about it. They both excel in the same space. It's one or the other for me. 

The beauty of playing under a manager who knows what he is doing. Look at the 5 or 6 managers he has played under, every single one failed, were clueless, didn't know what they were doing, were fire fighting, were drowning, he's now finally, 8 years on, playing under a genuine football manager. And he looks rejuvenated. I've never been a fan but now seeing us coached by a real football manager i'm starting to think maybe it wasn't the players and was actually all those mediocre loser managers they've played under. None of them were successful here. Way back to 2011. Every single one has failed. In PC we finally have a guy who knows exactly what he wants and what he is doing 

Correct. It's one or the other. There's no over thinking it or rocket science formula to calculate, it's as simple as Lammers or Cantwell.  

What did Keevins say about Clement? I don't tend to listen to SSB these days as its mostly drivel from clueless pundits.

Just now, Pedrito said:

What did Keevins say about Clement? I don't tend to listen to SSB these days as its mostly drivel from clueless pundits.

Aye I haven't listened to it in years - don't Clyde sponsor Celtic?

9 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

Absolutely loving how it looks like Clement has took the captain into the garage and fitted him with a whole new engine and attitude. 

Absolutely. And Tavernier isn't the only one who seems to have got his shit together again. Lundstram and Raskin are transformed, Sima is charging about like a bull with a spike up its arse and Scott Wright looks renewed. This might be a decent season after all.