New wheelchair and singing sections announced

It now appears like only one end will get done initially (no decision has been made but my guess is Copland).

A reconfiguration from original plans will mean the wheelchair spaces will be further back and slightly reduced in number. I imagine this will negate the potential seat loss slightly and can see both positive and negative aspects to this amendment from the wheelchair users perspective.

I believe the opposite end will be done the following season, though personally I'm becoming more sceptical when it comes to the proposed Govan Stand platform (that's a personal opinion not a statement of fact).

8 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

It now appears like only one end will get done initially (no decision has been made but my guess is Copland).

A reconfiguration from original plans will mean the wheelchair spaces will be further back and slightly reduced in number. I imagine this will negate the potential seat loss slightly and can see both positive and negative aspects to this amendment from the wheelchair users perspective.

I believe the opposite end will be done the following season, though personally I'm becoming more sceptical when it comes to the proposed Govan Stand platform (that's a personal opinion not a statement of fact).

I think we can all understand that finances are tight but scepticism is understandable, especially given we have been told for 2 x AGM's in a row that this is being worked on and is a priority. 

4 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I think we can all understand that finances are tight but scepticism is understandable, especially given we have been told for 2 x AGM's in a row that this is being worked on and is a priority. 

I'm confident both the Copland and Broomloan will be done and that will lead to an overall capacity increase. The sceptic in me struggles to see them subsequently reducing capacity again to complete the Govan as a solo project. I don’t think (but I'm open to correction) that the amendments to the original proposals can be replicated in the Govan due to the overhang from Bar 72 being at a greater angle than the proposed cantilevers behind the goals. My fear is the Govan platform will become tied to some other capacity extention proposal which may or may not materialise. 

FWIW I was always aware that the initial renderings would not be what we ended up with and there would be slippage in regards to timescales as that's what happens in practically every project.

It may well be the case that my scepticism is misplaced and everything will proceed in a timely manner.

Two of the planned accessible toilets have already been installed in the Copland and all things considered are pretty decent, also the refurbished 'normal' toilets are quite smart and don’t reek of stale strang (yet anyway!)

20 minutes ago, compo said:

Was taking a look at the new Everton stadium and they’ve put in plenty of places for the wheelchair fans it’s going to be a grand stadium.

mon the toffees  🇮🇱

I expect it to be one of the best in Europe in regards to disabled facilities. 

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

FWIW I was always aware that the initial renderings would not be what we ended up with and there would be slippage in regards to timescales as that's what happens in practically every project.

Never a truer word.

• 1 month later...

New correspondence out today regarding moves in the Copland Road Stand, including new disabled and singing sections.  

Looks like a few are being moved out of their seats in CF and being offered moves to a new cantilevered section above, to accommodate the aforementioned new sections.  

Edited by Gonzo79

All for the decision for the disabled fans but wonder about that for the singing section----should they be charged more for the obvious privilages the seem to be getting? as a clear disruption is going to happen to fans being moved to accomodate them.

29 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

section----should they be charged more for the obvious privilages the seem to be getting?

They won't be charged more and shouldn't be.  

29 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

as a clear disruption is going to happen to fans being moved to accomodate them

Judging by the atmosphere in the Copland, I think they're all catatonic, so probably won't notice when they're moved.  On a more serious note, their new seats will provide a better view and they get an initial discount.  

Edited by Gonzo79