[FT] Livingston 0 - 2 Rangers (Dessers 26; Tavernier 75pen)

Just now, Rousseau said:

If Danilo is in Dessers' place he takes some of those chances. 

Maybe but, aside from being caught offside a couple of times, Dessers has played fine. Should have scored again near the end of the half but has led the line quite well IMO.

I thought the Goldson goal was the right decision but the McCausland one was baffling?

Even fucking Chris Sutton thinks it should of stood.

More of the same lads, add a couple more, keep the clean sheet and up the road.

We've defended brilliantly so far.

Edited by yuddie

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Maybe but, aside from being caught offside a couple of times, Dessers has played fine. Should have scored again near the end of the half but has led the line quite well IMO.

Yes, I wasn't criticising his overall play - which was pretty good - but his finishing wasn't quite there. He does get into good positions, which is a good skill to have. 

McCausland's looking good, three good shots, a goal chopped off and caused a penalty. Sima is working hard, yet, of late little comes of it. Dessers does his job well enough, we don't want to risk Danilo (or Roofe) on that surface after all. Lawrence with some really intelligent play and a fine pass to Dessers for the goal.

Hardly ever seen a game where two of your own players deny you goals via foul play or off-side, and then you miss a penalty on top of that.

Should be 4 or 5-0 by now, but it has been one way traffic so far and there is little evidence that this won't continue. That said, this surface and their kick'n hope style ...

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

If Danilo is in Dessers' place he takes some of those chances. 

Aye, like Danilo scores every chance. Jeez, give Dessers a chance. He's played well in 1st half and scored the only goal of the game.

He's getting himself in good positions and his hold up play has been excellent. 

Maybe a shout to have both them on? 

1 minute ago, weebluedevil said:

After looking at the replays again at HT, I think Sima gets pulled first. That would be a penalty....or let the goal stand. 

There is contact on Sima before he pushes the Livi player but the main pull doesn't happen until after that.

I'd suggest it's a soft foul but I do understand the rationale.