Buffel Stars For Reserves

Thomas Buffel was the inspiration for the reserves today as Rangers beat Inverness 4-2.

Buffel was involved in three of the goals and scored one as the reserves cruised to a comfortable win.

The Belgian was involved in 21 min when he and strike partner Stevie Lennon combined to set up

Chris Burke who drove the ball home.

Then in 42 min Buffel raced virtually the length of the field before squaring for Lennon who couldn't miss

from close range'

A minute later the young striker returned the compliment when he rolled the ball in for Buffel to fire Rangers

three in front.

Substitute Jeroen van den Broeck,who replaced John Fleck,made the game safe when he latched

onto Buffels pass to shoot home.

Team ; Reidford,McMillan,Ehiogu,Chris Smith,,Kinniburgh,Chris Burke,Furman{Kind Bendiksen 12}

Fleck[van den Broeck 80},Efrem{ Little 83},Buffel,Lennon

That's good to know. It's always said by the Gersnet users but he has got the talent I just wish he'd use it more often.

I'm liking what I'm reading about Lennon, he seems to be getting better and better. Is WS the man to give him his chance in the 1st team though?

Buffel probably deserves a run in the team, but it means changing the whole attacking formation of the team to fit him in. Is he worth it? As for Lennon, I too would like to see him given a chance, but who would you leave out to give the kid a chance?? We already have an abundance of Strikers and hows the likes of Gow going to feel? He's hardly had a sniff and then after that sees Lennon get a chance before him

Jeroen van den Broeck came on as a Sub last week and scored for the u19's and now for the reserves that also looks promising.

Seeing Darchville and Cousin playing together is the first thing i am hoping to see. Buffel playing behind them could be awesome if he plays well.

Against Falkirk we could go 3-5-2

------- Cuellar------WEIR-------Papac---------

Hutton-----Fegie--------Hemdani-------MÃ?â?¡ulloch\Beasly\Thomson

--------------------Buffel----------------------------

-----------Cousin--------------------JCD-------------

I don't know if i would chance this as i think Weir may be too slow to play in a 3 man defence, it is just an idea of what we could do.

Weir would be fine if they played a narrow back 3 - but that would also place reliance on Hutton and LM/DMB/KT to ensure they track back and cover the full-back positions.

You just KNOW that there is no way WS will go with that type of formation though.

Hemdani rarely sees SPL action so you could even go 4-4-2 and have Ferguson playing the holding role whilst Buffel plays the attacking central mid role - but I have no doubts WS will start with Barry and KT.

A keeper wouldnt go a miss Pete :thup: BUt i fully agree with your team.

Buffel should be played. Klos was slated for not knuckling down in the reserves, now Buffel seems to be doing this and has got the finger out and is starring!!

He surely deserves a game.

As soon as he leaves, he will be the one who got away. I strongly believe he will go onto another club and be one of their better players.

it's good to see him trying at least in the reserves but I still think there is a list before him for the first team and I would rather see these players in before Buffel. I don't not like the guy but he has had plenty of chances for me and others are due a chance before him, but that's just my opinion!!

I can't see Lennon getting a chance in many games but as he will maybe be on the bench a few times due to his age it would be good for his confidence if anything to give him some first team experience if we were say 3 or 4 nil up on teams to start with!

I cant see where the slating comes from against Buffel. People are acting like he is the only one who has been lacklusture when he plays.

Captain Ferguson and Hero Boyd are as guilty as Buffel when it comes to having a bad game yet they get played in there favoured position.

Buffel hasnt always been bad either. The OF game when we won 3-1 2 seasons ago he was superb - always against Porto at Ibrox when he came on.

I cant see where the slating comes from against Buffel. People are acting like he is the only one who has been lacklusture when he plays.

Captain Ferguson and Hero Boyd are as guilty as Buffel when it comes to having a bad game yet they get played in there favoured position.

Buffel hasnt always been bad either. The OF game when we won 3-1 2 seasons ago he was superb - always against Porto at Ibrox when he came on.

So one or two good games is your basis on picking him Gribz?? That alone confuses me! He is trying hard to get back in the first team so credit where it's due, if he keeps it up for a while then maybe he'll get in the squad but not straight in the first team.

I have not slated him that much :fish: I just said others in the team in my opinion deserve a chance before him. We all know he is/can be a good player but he hasn't done it for us much in the time he has been with us IMO and he has been here a while even before he got injured. I think the likes of adam, Gow, Beasley, McCulloch, Novo, Naismith are all in front of him and surely you can't have any complaints about that but maybe you do?

He is a good player maybe a luxury player but I don't think we can justify playing luxury players who have 5 minute spells here and there in the team just now, I do however agree he is not the only one who is not pulling his weight at the moment, as you say Boyd does not work hard and he is hardly a hero for many fans but one who scores goals and his position and game are totally different to Buffel's, and if you are comparing Ferguson as to having as many bad games as Buffel then again I am confused sorry!

It's all about opinions and that is mine, I respect yours and anyone elses :cheers: