[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 76) - 0 Aberdeen

Wee look to the Northeast ... Aberdeen did the unthinkable and beat Eintracht Frankfurt (who slaughtered Bayern 5-1 last weekend) 2-0 at home, effectively treating this game like any against us: parking the bus and waiting for the counter-attack. No football Eintracht is used to and they couldn't break the well-trained red curtain. So their tails might be up as well, hoping to frustrate us as best as they can and sneak the odd goal. German highlights:

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, SykseyBear said:

What a superb result for Aberdeen btw. There's simply no playing that down and they will come into Sunday absolutely flying. We really have to stand up and be counted. Our clubs record at Hampden in the last 12 years has been deplorable. That has to change on Sunday, there are no excuses. None. 

Frankfurt had already qualified and couldn't improve their standing in the table, so you can play it down.

4 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Frankfurt had already qualified and couldn't improve their standing in the table, so you can play it down.

Similar to the yahoo victory - a meaningless match.  And another thing, Aberdeen couldn't sell all their tickets and yet have the audacity to complain about their allocation for Sunday.  

I hope trains back Aberdeen on Sunday get cancelled.  😀

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

F that. Celebrate everything like its our last and best.

If the last 11 years have taught me anything its that we should lord it up over any cup. 

exactly  when it's over lets have the Govan flute band walk with us all the way back to George square for a right good old sash bash 

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Wee look to the Northeast ... Aberdeen did the unthinkable and beat Eintracht Frankfurt (who slaughtered Bayern 5-1 last weekend) 2-0 at home, effectively treating this game like any against us: parking the bus and waiting for the counter-attack. No football Eintracht is used to and they couldn't break the well-trained red curtain. So their tails might be up as well, hoping to frustrate us as best as they can and sneak the odd goal. German highlights:

image.png.27abe775d1a3e85d66fdd00e93522a25.png

(Lineup against the sheep)

...as opposed to...

image.png.5332e2b66ec473c3ad8dff19943f5175.png

A game that mattered

I mean, I know exactly F-all about Cherman fussball but them lineups don't look congruent. 

Looks like the b team was in full effect against the sheep. 

Having stated that I think they will be very tough to beat.

But I think the team most certainly can, and will, given a few caveats. 

If Jack is kinda fit, Todd is through with his personal moment, and Sima gets his beauty rest.