The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'm fairly sure we can't afford Shankland and I'd be stunned if we signed him.

Think this is 100% correct IMO.

We've brought in Silva and it appears we are looking at another striker on loan until the end of the season. 

It appears any permanent deal for a striker will be made in summer rather than January. 

I quite like the profile of Dennis and Alzate: they're quick, mobile players who can play in several positions. 

Dennis is not a goalscorer, though. 

Shankland is a goalscorer, but I agree, I doubt - and would be quite uncomfortable if - we're paying £5m for him; I was similarly miffed at spending that on a 28-year-old Dessers!

I would like a goalscorer, but I think I'd prefer us to spread the goals around; if Sima, Cantwell, McCausland, Danilo, Dessers, Silva (albeit he has 6 months) etc. can get 10-15 goals each, that's better than relying on Shankland getting 25-30 goals. 

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Walter smith loved a ch at fullback to slot in. 

Moore, Mcpherson, papac etc. 

Would be good to free up tav more like this. 

Good point. I keep hearing about this guy Millione at Vitesse. What is his position exactly? Is he a left back - or a left winger? On your CB point, I think Josh Doig is also capable of slotting in at left CB too.

A quick guide to TM.

I usually link the "profile" (or front) page of a player, e.g. Million Manhoef

Below his photo is a icon bar PROFILE - STATS - MARKET VALUE ...

If you want to know where a player has played before, pitch- and/or club-wise, check out his STATS page. Preferably the "all seasons" options, unless you want to know how he's doing in 2023/24. Thus, Manhoef's ALL Seasons page tells you that he has mostly played as right winger, but also regularly in central midfield, left midfield or on the left wing. 

In the STATS part you also find the option (far right) with regard to his injury record.

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

There's been nothing to suggest we're actually in for Shankland. 

That's not the point.

Shankland is the officially approved focus of conversation for this transfer window. Whether or not the club has an intention to sign him is completely irrelevant. 😉

12 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I really don't get this link.... I didn't get it in the summer either, always seemed like it was drummed up by Van Veen, or his agent, rather than any actual interest. It sounds the same here as well

I've got no inside info, it's just a suggestion after looking into players who's contracts are up this summer... do you think we should start talking to Alfie Doughty at Luton?

24 years old, 1 goal and 4 assists for Luton this season with his contract up in the summer from what I can gather.

Would be a big signing right enough because I'd expect prem teams in the upper echelons to be in for him.

I'll include his fbref data. It'll overlap with his championship season but it's still impressive nonetheless.

https://fbref.com/en/players/bf33b257/Alfie-Doughty