[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 30'; Tavernier 84' pen) - 0 St Johnstone

I think you can rotate v  St Johnstone and still get a decent performance as long as its not wholesale.

And tbh, McCausland and Dessers' legs went around the hour mark which is understandable given recent minutes, they need a rest imo.

26 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I suggest playing people where they can play and have. McCausland and Wright have played and can play on either side easily enough. This will be a physical game, and they both are capable of that. Besides, I'd keep Sima fit and ready for the OF game.

I don't recall McCausland playing on the left for the first team.

If it's a physical game then I'd have thought we'd want to have Sima in there. If we were to rest him, I'd expect Matondo to come in for him rather than switching Wright.

9 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

For heaven's sake he uses words like 'synergy'! What's wrong with 'the boy done good'?

You'll get Rousseau started with your aversion to all this new fangled terminology. 

Low block = defending.

Transition = passing forwards.

It all feels very Americanised...groan.  

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You'll get Rousseau started with your aversion to all this new fangled terminology. 

Low block = defending.

It all feels very Americanised...groan.  

I suggest you look up these terms in the Collins Newfangled Dictionary before criticising them. :D 

24 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

... all this new fangled terminology. 

Low block = defending.

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I suggest you look up these terms in the Collins Newfangled Dictionary before criticising them. :D 

Some guy behind me at a recent Hampden match was getting angry with our poor use of the ball. I think we were losing to Celtic at the time [correction, it was Hearts]. He shouted "For f***s sake recycle it!" or something similar. Normally I would have liked to join in and shout at our players for being rubbish. Instead I had to stifle laughter. Modernity continues to ruin everything.

Edited by ranger_syntax

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Some guy behind me at a recent Hampden match was getting angry with our poor use of the ball. I think we were losing to Celtic at the time [correction, it was Hearts]. He shouted "For f***s sake recycle it!" or something similar. Normally I would have liked to join in and shout at our players for being rubbish. Instead I had to stifle laughter. Modernity continues to ruin everything.

Pretentiousness is not new. Arsenal once had 2 forwards called Radford and Kennedy who were both good in the air. There  was also a football writer called Brian Glanville who, reporting on an Arsenal game in which the tactic of pumping the ball up the two forwards was failing, stated that Arsenal eventually took the advice of the Button Moulder in 'Peer Gynt' and decided to go 'round about.' I frequently imagined Arsenal fans shouting, "Don't forget what the Button Moulder said, lads!"