[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 88)

11 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

Tmrw is absolutely massive. The biggest and most important Old Firm league game in years. 

The game's on Saturday. 

People go on about the supreme importance of every single derby against them. We play them 4-6 times a season - this is only the second league encounter.  It's not that important.

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

People go on about the supreme importance of every single derby against them. We play them 4-6 times a season - this is only the second league encounter.  It's not that important.

Usually true but as SB points out the circumstances this time are different from the normal.

1 hour ago, SykseyBear said:

You know what i meant. 

You're talking like a beaten man. You have no belief and you are expecting a defeat. It's written all over your words and tone. Despite chugging shite like Sima and Tav all season and thinking Clement is the second coming you have no belief we can or will beat a very very poor Celtic side. 

The game is enormous. The biggest league game in years. If they beat us yet again we won't be winning the league. As simple as that. It's done. They won't look back after January. 

Clement needs a result. Or he's just another great pretender. This is the worst Celtic side in years as well. They are dreadful. Lose to them and it's humiliation. 

Preach Say It GIF by Grande Dame

In the real world, football matches aren't won by belief bolstered comments on discussion forums by people who won't even be at the match.  

I'm in my 40s and our record at Parkhead has been utterly abysmal my entire life.  Recently, it has been worse than abysmal.  I'm a pessimist and that won't change, nor will it remotely impact Saturday's result.

Gerrard seemed to drill the correct mentality into the players when we went there and I hope Clement can have a similar effect.  

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

In the real world, football matches aren't won by belief bolstered comments on discussion forums by people who won't even be at the match.  

I'm in my 40s and our record at Parkhead has been utterly abysmal my entire life.  Recently, it has been worse than abysmal.  I'm a pessimist and that won't change, nor will it remotely impact Saturday's result.

Gerrard seemed to drill the correct mentality into the players when we went there and I hope Clement can have a similar effect.  

I think our recent record v them hasn't been helped by over cautious managers. The last game at Ibrox springs to mind. We are due a win there IMO. The two drubbings under Gio aside, we've always been in the games. We've just been undone by silly defensive errors (Davies) and bad finishing (Sakala). Apply that also to games at Hampden and Ibrox.

If we pkay an aggressive press like we did in Seville, I think we can cause them issues. Especially Hart and Taylor. And especially if their big American is injured.

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think our recent record v them hasn't been helped by over cautious managers. The last game at Ibrox springs to mind. We are due a win there IMO. The two drubbings under Gio aside, we've always been in the games. We've just been undone by silly defensive errors (Davies) and bad finishing (Sakala). Apply that also to games at Hampden and Ibrox.

If we pkay an aggressive press like we did in Seville, I think we can cause them issues. Especially Hart and Taylor. And especially if their big American is injured.

They are pish!.

Agree with you regarding our performances v them!. Our current manager demands we play a high press and it has worked so far, I don't envisage him changing our play v them! and that gives me confidence, although not overly confident but more hopeful.