• Todd Cantwell
    • Ross McCausland
    • Cyriel Dessers
    • Fabio Silva
    • Dujon Sterling
    • Rabbi Matondo
    • Scott Wright
    • Nicolas Raskin

Butland had a great save after Goldson went walk-a-bouts, that apart he had nothing much more to do.

The wee red van had his best performance for us and chose him just in front of Dowell how also put in his best performance.

Ridvan for me with McCausland running him close. The young winger probably should've had a couple of assists yesterday if we had players who could finish.

On that note, he'll look a far better prospect when we get strikers or attackers who can trap a ball and finish.

While I agree that going forward, small donner had his best match, but defensively he was terrible. I was watching him closely in the first half and 4 times he wasn’t one v one with the Killie winger and he failed every time with 3 good crosses coming into our box and the other the man went by him but was stopped by another defender. Nowhere near good enough, hope the rumours of some Turkish lira being bid to take him home are true.

Butland for me, the one crucial save at 0-0 when Killie were on top prevented what could have been points dropped as I couldn’t see us getting anything if they scored first.

A few players had half-decent performances in patches (the 3 goalscorers in particular) but Killie always make the beautiful game look ugly so I’m just happy we got the 3 points and don’t need to play them again for a while. 

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

While I agree that going forward, small donner had his best match, but defensively he was terrible. I was watching him closely in the first half and 4 times he wasn’t one v one with the Killie winger and he failed every time with 3 good crosses coming into our box and the other the man went by him but was stopped by another defender. Nowhere near good enough, hope the rumours of some Turkish lira being bid to take him home are true.

Or to put it another way, 80% of those voting so far had their heads up their arses. 😆

i have thought McCausland was being overrated since he came into the team but I am wrong. 

He is a proper threat and contributes in all the right ways. Going forward and in defence. Wish he was Scottish but that doesn't matter so much. 

12 hours ago, Bill said:

Or to put it another way, 80% of those voting so far had their heads up their arses. 😆

haha I wouldnt go that far! I understand many want wee donner boy to come good (me included) but just focusing on a couple of decent forward runs and ignoring his actual role in the team (to defend against wingers) is stretching things too far. Add in his constant giving away the ball in his own half (usually 3 times in first 10 mins, but again improvements have shown it was 18 mins at the Piggery and only 2 on the first 10 v Killie!) and i am not the slightest bit convinced we have a player here worth keeping. Just my thoughts and I would still have him before Goldson!

10 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

haha I wouldnt go that far! I understand many want wee donner boy to come good (me included) but just focusing on a couple of decent forward runs and ignoring his actual role in the team (to defend against wingers) is stretching things too far. Add in his constant giving away the ball in his own half (usually 3 times in first 10 mins, but again improvements have shown it was 18 mins at the Piggery and only 2 on the first 10 v Killie!) and i am not the slightest bit convinced we have a player here worth keeping. Just my thoughts and I would still have him before Goldson!

Kinda like voting for a goalkeeper who made one save during the entire match and uncharacteristically flapped wildly at another cross ball. 😉

I tend to see MOTM as someone who makes the best overall contribution to a game, rather than who make the fewest mistakes. On that basis Butland certainly made a telling impact but for a goalie to come out on top he really needs to make more than one save. Young Turk might have joined half a dozen others who misplaced some passes but if you're going to dismiss players in this team for an absence of perfection then there will seldom be a MOTM at all. What Yilmaz did contribute was a goal assist, some very decent defending, a willingness to break the LB tradition of passing backwards all the time, a readiness to come inside instead of endlessly pumping crosses to no great purpose ... and a generally positive involvement in play from KO to final whistle.