[FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Aberdeen (Matondo 7'; Cantwell 72')

23 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The injury to Balogun is really leaving us short of CB cover. Ben Davies might be back soon but who knows with him.

Surely this is just another thing in Sterling's broad repertoire? 😉 

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Souttar might be better suited to Aberdeen's 'straight over the top' tactics than Balogun is. 

Imo the best 'defending' defender at the club, but he can get caught under a long/high ball too often for me.

5 hours ago, compo said:

Aberdeen will be cockahoop after Saturday and will fancy their chances it’s going to be a bruising ninety minutes I suspect the referee might have to sharpen his pencil at half time.

They’ll turn up tomorrow alright. And Don Robertson is referee which worries me.  I just can’t forget our goal he disallowed against the yahoos at the start of the season. 

I’m really worried about this game tomorrow. A Dolly team with some new found confidence after getting rid of another failed yahoo, and then bringing in a hugely experienced manager pretty famous for turning round underperforming teams, alongside Don Robertson being his usual one-sided consistent cheat against us, I’ve got the fear!

I will gladly bite your hand off for an ugly single goal victory. A huge test for PC and the players. We must match the fight our opponent will show first and foremost, then hope our better players can win us the game, if allowed.

3 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

They’ll turn up tomorrow alright. And Don Robertson is referee which worries me.  I just can’t forget our goal he disallowed against the yahoos at the start of the season. 

Don Robertson is the new Kevin Clancy. This will be the fourth time he's officiating us in the premiership this season, more than any other ref.  We'll need to make sure we convert our chances and not leave anything open for this incompetent to impact the result. 

16 hours ago, onevision said:

If our 2 centre backs leave a gap between them as wide as the khyber pass as they have done on at least 2 occasions this season already then i'm sure Miovsky will punish us.

I was very impressed with his goal at the weekend. Drove straight for goal and showed great technique. 

16 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The injury to Balogun is really leaving us short of CB cover. Ben Davies might be back soon but who knows with him.

Davies really is an enigma. At times, I think he looks really good as his positioning is usually decent but at other moments he's incredibly poor.  Add in his constant fitness issues then I'd rather he was replaced even if we have to rely on him in what remains of our Euro campaign this season.