[FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Aberdeen (Matondo 7'; Cantwell 72')

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not sure thats true if you look at my previous posts on here. Not seen much of Silva but really like what I see.

Relax, mon brave, relax. I wasn't being totally serious. 

He looks a 'baller', possibly too much so for the SPL, alas. 

I know the Gaffer likes to give every game his full attention, but those three points last night were huge imo. This Rangers team are playing well and more importantly playing for each other. When we use subs they are of a similar quality to those coming off, and they are making a similar contribution. We are the people and we now have a Gaffer worthy of our great club. 

Gaffer.JPG

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Among the many changes that Phillipe Clement has quietly affected at Rangers one has gone almost unmentioned. We finished the match last night with three 20 year olds and a 21 year old upfront, plus Yilmaz who is only 22. I'm not sure I recall Rangers ever having a younger side than the one that finished last night. Getting the best out of young players is not something every manager can do. We started this season with a side built around experience and height, somehow we now have a young, slim, quick side. Far from the finished article, but with a clear purpose and all knowing what they are meant to be doing. Huge credit to the big Belgian. 

Last night we saw a Rangers side show character. I think we all know we wouldn't have won that match 4 months ago. Not every player had their best game, but every player fought, showed intensity and worked very, very hard. We're not top, but this side is growing every week and they'll get another chance to take that top spot. 

With Raskin to come in too. 

Great point

12 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Goldson has been a great player for us but the decline has started and this should be his last year with us if we can move him in the summer. He is on big money.

Yes, but do you think Souttar would have been outpaced and out-muscled as easily? Sometimes there's not much you can do and you have to give credit to the forward. I'd like to see Dessers do that to somebody.

Watching Rangers now is becoming a pleasure again some it looks like the new manager has told them some home truths but the one that impresses me most is McCausland don't forget he's only a lad but he's not scared to take opponents on take some punishment from defenders yep I like him and he's going to get better.

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Among the many changes that Phillipe Clement has quietly affected at Rangers one has gone almost unmentioned. We finished the match last night with three 20 year olds and a 21 year old upfront, plus Yilmaz who is only 22. I'm not sure I recall Rangers ever having a younger side than the one that finished last night. Getting the best out of young players is not something every manager can do. We started this season with a side built around experience and height, somehow we now have a young, slim, quick side. Far from the finished article, but with a clear purpose and all knowing what they are meant to be doing. Huge credit to the big Belgian. 

Last night we saw a Rangers side show character. I think we all know we wouldn't have won that match 4 months ago. Not every player had their best game, but every player fought, showed intensity and worked very, very hard. We're not top, but this side is growing every week and they'll get another chance to take that top spot. 

So true. For decades we, managers and most fans alike, treated 20-22-year olds as youngsters, which most likely saw much talent being shuttled out of Rangers, remaining unexposed and held back by their new clubs, mainly low(er) key Scottish or English sides. Lowry showed up as a great prospect, yet we used him only sporadically, and his stint at Hearts obviously went sour. You wonder whether Clement and his staff can revitalize Lowry's talent like they have done with McCausland, who has been smashing for a player of his age (and under the scrutiny of 50odd thousand hypercritical fans). As Davis hanged up his boots with Rangers and Northern Ireland, we see another star rise, thankfully at our club. Such talent needs to be found, reared, and given the chance. More often than not, we only did the first part. 

9 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Yes, but do you think Souttar would have been outpaced and out-muscled as easily? Sometimes there's not much you can do and you have to give credit to the forward. I'd like to see Dessers do that to somebody.

I agree but as a general rule our centre backs should be better than the forwards the likes of Aberdeen can recruit. When that is not the case we need to review.