A very impressive press conformance from Gaffer and Captain. Shows how focused and determined both are.

As for the game, I doubt we'll have what it takes to defeat Benfica given the injuries we have, but Thursday nights at Ibrox tend to throw a curve ball or two, so who knows!

Either way, I'm nervous already and can't wait for kick-off tomorrow and the possibility (no matter how slim) of another magical night at Ibrox. 

3 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

Thats all good news. More so on Sterling. How Beale didnt even play him is beyond me

On the occasions when Beale did pick Sterling, I don’t remember much praise for him here.

Pity that away goals rule was scrapped it’s going to be a hard game we have to push up to get goals and I think the Portuguese will be very quick on the break we’ve done well made a few bob but it’s the league we should be concerned with .

mon the gers :rfc:

I think Benfica could be a step too far tomorrow but I've been pleasantly confounded so many times by Ibrox results that I wouldn't bet against us.

5 hours ago, Scott7 said:

On the occasions when Beale did pick Sterling, I don’t remember much praise for him here.

Possibly because Beale had made it clear he thought Sterling didn't deserve a place on the pitch. Clement has players feeling ten feet tall. That's the difference that translates to how players perform.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

I think Benfica could be a step too far tomorrow but I've been pleasantly confounded so many times by Ibrox results that I wouldn't bet against us.

I'm in this mind frame too but they might just not fancy it or have an off night. I don't think us going out would be the end of the world league wise either

34 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I'm in this mind frame too but they might just not fancy it or have an off night. I don't think us going out would be the end of the world league wise either

I get you, but I think still being in Europe helps the players feel ten feet tall, as Bill rightly says. Confidence is fuel.

4 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I get you, but I think still being in Europe helps the players feel ten feet tall, as Bill rightly says. Confidence is fuel.

I can certainly see it both ways. Just with the injuries I think another two games might not help, plus league wise we would be playing Sundays after them probably, so could potentially increase pressure