3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Agree about the quality of corners and its been a concern for most of the season. 

As for their goal, I watched it back and if Dio had stayed with his man rather than trying to win the ball, it doesn't lead to a goal - think manager said similar. 

Diomande was a mixed bag last night. I think he will be a great player, but he ponders on the ball a bit too much for most of our liking, I would imagine.

22 minutes ago, CammyF said:

think manager said similar. 

Not sure he should be doing that publicly, feels a bit like chucking the lad under the bus for the goal and the first time I've thought hes said something he maybe shouldn't have.  He did mention after it that the lad played well and he will get good experience from this and get better trying to recover.

He also nearly slipped in the pre match conference when I thought he nearly said 'its tough to play a team with better players' but corrected it in time to 'a team with much more money'.

Out of character for him.

13 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not sure he should be doing that publicly, feels a bit like chucking the lad under the bus for the goal and the first time I've thought hes said something he maybe shouldn't have.  He did mention after it that the lad played well and he will get good experience from this and get better trying to recover.

He also nearly slipped in the pre match conference when I thought he nearly said 'its tough to play a team with better players' but corrected it in time to 'a team with much more money'.

Out of character for him.

Maybe I picked him up wrong but I didn't think he was throwing Dio under the bus - just explaining what went wrong. Like you say, he did say that Dio had played well.

All players make mistakes, some lead to goals, others don't. I'm confident that Dio will go on to be a top player for us, and PC said when we signed him that he has the atributes to end up at the very top echelons of the game. 

I couldn't fault the players last night.  Everyone gave everything and we can't ask for more.  We were beaten by a better team.  Had our injury situation been different I think we may have won it.  I kept hoping right until the final whistle.  The manager and players deserve enormous credit.  Some were dead on their feet but the manager was constrained in what he could do because of a lack of fit players.

It was plain to see that we just don’t have the quality of players to compete at this level we’ve done well to come this far but it’s now up to the manager to take what he’s got and win the league then a clear out and the board to come up with sufficient funds to let him strengthen his squad.

11 hours ago, Bill said:

I just look forward to a time when the game topic isn't reduced to this sort of petty and pointless bickering over who said what to who. I mean, it's as tedious as it's predictable.

And yet, here you are getting involved. Tedious and predictable? 

Big decision for manager on Sunday. Does he ask for one last pre-international break push from the core of players who've played recently or does he make wholesale changes?

Some players look out on their feet, some are just back from injury. Does he go with same 11 or bring in the likes of Barasic, Balogun, Cantwell, Raskin, Matondo, Roofe from the start? Hopefully Sterling is fit enough to feature

15 minutes ago, CammyF said:

And yet, here you are getting involved. Tedious and predictable? 

Yup, that’s what I’m talking about.