[Match Postponed] Dundee v Rangers

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

So was Tom Lawrence.

Aye that's fair, I think I trust Matondo to finish a wee bit more than I do Wright.

The problem I have with Wright is that there is clearly a talented player in him and we see that in glimpses in matches (as we did last night for the Dessers chance) but he just can't seem to consistently produce these moments.

He'll leave with moments for Rangers that we'd all dream to have though so I'll wish him no ill will when he does eventually go.

We'll always have 'Hampden Scott' and hopefully that's what the boy will be remembered for.

1 hour ago, yuddie said:

The problem I have with Wright is that there is clearly a talented player in him and we see that in glimpses in matches (as we did last night for the Dessers chance) but he just can't seem to consistently produce these moments.

That's possibly inevitable given he never gets to benefit from a run in the team. I'll be surprised if Scott Wright is at Rangers after the summer transfer window and it's likely he'll never be more than he is now. But Matondo costs us an arm and a leg every week and is here fore years if he chooses  ... and he's consistently woeful to boot. 

Scott comes from the small village I live in so perhaps I'm a wee bit biased. When he scored that cup final goal I thought the same as you ... he might just be a squad player but he'll have that moment forever. 

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

Tom Lawrence stays fit - we will win the league

I doubt many would argue with that 👍

12 hours ago, Bill said:

For all his faults, I think Wright is always a better option than Matondo, who has no ball at all, final or otherwise, and may be the only player who hasn't responded to the new manager.

Wright seems to have all the attributes to be a world beater but constantly fails at the final hurdle.

I think Matondo will be shipped out by Clement at the end of the season along with h one or two others

Wright and Matondo aren't good enough, it's as simple as that.  They're both quick and can beat a man but that's about it.

Clement must know this.

With our finances and the squad size we need playing two games most weeks, there will always be some Wrights and Matondos.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

With our finances and the squad size we need playing two games most weeks, there will always be some Wrights and Matondos.

I agree.  I would keep Wright but not Matondo for his injury record and the money he is on.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Wright and Matondo aren't good enough, it's as simple as that.  They're both quick and can beat a man but that's about it.

Clement must know this.

Agreed!. I'd rather see our young players get game time!.