Gersnet .... the 11 months a year forum

Guest TheWorthyEd

Technical question Frankie:

Does the post count (in my case '7') only change when you instigate a thread, or should it move onwards and upwards with replies (like wot this is)?

I appear to be stuck at Lucky Number Sleven. :uzi:

Edit: Fuxsake - it's just changed to '8'.

Someone has had too may drams over the festivities I think... :D

The idea of me starting 6100 threads doesn't bear thinking about for the good people of this forum... ;)

In saying that, the counter does appear to be a wee bit slow in reacting. Probably a slight problem with the database after the server issues...

Is this going to be a regular thing Frankie? That's twice in the past 2 christmas' that the site has crashed. I know you or Barry can't help it happening. I hope you gave the server dudes a bollocking!

Is this going to be a regular thing Frankie? That's twice in the past 2 christmas' that the site has crashed. I know you or Barry can't help it happening. I hope you gave the server dudes a bollocking!
i didnt get them that much of a bollocking because they have only been down for 2 weeks out of the last 150. thats what happens when big stacks of hard disks fail and corrupts all the backups. cant be accounted for. my only criticism of them was when they stopped giving out regular information as to how the restoration was going. last years problem was nothing to do with the server guys. i think i am going to set up another domain on an alternative server just incase anything else goes wrong, but the domain is now setup to be rebought when it expires and the server is fixed, so if frankies credit card is good the domain will continue to be bought, and if i get another 150 weeks of consistent uptime from the server i will be happy.

Can I also thank Barry for all his incredible work to get the place going...

This guy is a true legend and I'm indebted for him time and time again for his technical expertise, hosting and generally being a great guy.

Second that Frankie. He's just a genuinely nice guy

Second that Frankie. He's just a genuinely nice guy

Barry's a dick. Just kidding, fantastic work Barry and I am sure much of what you do goes unnoticed - but know that we all are glad of all that you do (goes for yout oo Frankie).

Although...... I had to actually spend time talking to the wife over Xmas and New Year - shame on you for letting this happen :fish:

First thing I told her this morning when I found out Gersnet was back up was "you won't be seeing much of me from now on unless over the top of a laptop screen".

Good to have the Gersnet back !

Glad to see the forum back up. I was all set for another Christmas full of drunken posts. Alas it wasn't to be.

Thanks to Barry for sorting it out tho!

You mean your not drunk now!:eek:;)