[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 55' pen; Sima 86'; Matondo 90+3') - 3 Celtic

6 hours ago, CammyF said:

On the bus back home and it still feels like a defeat. Might think differently when had time to reflect on the game. 

Just can't see us winning the league without beating them at least once. 

We've still to play them once 😉  Optimist loyal

8 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

We've still to play them once 😉  Optimist loyal

Yeah, the point today may prove to be crucial when the season is over. However, it may also prove to have been a fatal loss of 2 points. Time will tell!! 

2 hours ago, compo said:

Need to stop this passing to each other just outside the penalty box that’s okay if your man city or Arsenal they have real defenders we’ve got a bunch of eejit who are a liability just get the ball up to the half backs and concentrate on defending 

100% made me pop a few blood vessels passing straight from the back 🤣 , I thought we were a shambles first half didn’t look at home whatsoever, whatever the 👨‍🦲 one said at half time worked to a certain extent. 

While I get the disappointment over todays score (and performance), I simply don't subscribe to the notion that 3 points are a given for Celtic in the next OF game. Granted our record there is shocking but we will be going there with a stronger team than today and will have something massive to play for and hold onto. The pressure will be all on them. And of course this is all based on the premise that both teams will win all of the other games. Looking at how poor both teams were today, I simply cannot see that happening. 

22 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

While I get the disappointment over todays score (and performance), I simply don't subscribe to the notion that 3 points are a given for Celtic in the next OF game. Granted our record there is shocking but we will be going there with a stronger team than today

What you say isn't unreasonable but I think a lot of us have had pessimism slammed home multiple times since the 90s, so it's hard not to be a bit down in the dumps about today's result.  

2 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

100% made me pop a few blood vessels passing straight from the back 🤣 , I thought we were a shambles first half didn’t look at home whatsoever, whatever the 👨‍🦲 one said at half time worked to a certain extent. 

Any truth in the rumour Gordon fucking Ramsey popped his head in.

We started so slowly and the early goal almost killed us off.  We had several players that were rank rotten.  Full credit to the players in the second half.  The draw almost felt like a victory by the end.  I still think we can hurt them in the next game but we need to be at it from the off and earlier changes made if required.

Edited by Blue Moon