[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 55' pen; Sima 86'; Matondo 90+3') - 3 Celtic

The fact that yahoos are even questioning the penalty we got demonstrates just how utterly paranoid they are.

It was a stonewall penalty.

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The fact that yahoos are even questioning the penalty we got demonstrates just how utterly paranoid they are.

It was a stonewall penalty.

The questioning of the penalty is simply to deflect away from the discussion that there should have been a second yellow card issued to Johnston. They all know perfectly well that it was a penalty and therefore it should follow that a yellow card for the mistimed tackle preventing a goalscoring opportunity should have been issued. This for me was the one huge error the officials made (amongst plenty of minor ones) and of course it had a massive influence on the game as if the bheasts were reduced to 10 with about 40 minutes to play we should have gone on to win the game.

4 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

The questioning of the penalty is simply to deflect away from the discussion that there should have been a second yellow card issued to Johnston. They all know perfectly well that it was a penalty and therefore it should follow that a yellow card for the mistimed tackle preventing a goalscoring opportunity should have been issued. This for me was the one huge error the officials made (amongst plenty of minor ones) and of course it had a massive influence on the game as if the bheasts were reduced to 10 with about 40 minutes to play we should have gone on to win the game.

I did notice after Johnston committed that foul and Beaton spoke to him, he was grinning all over his face. Clearly he thought he got away with one.

SPFL Highlights of the game.

Never saw the first goal before that and wonder how the ball ended up where it did. Tav hammered the ball at Maeda and it made a bee-line in the corner. Never seen somesuch ever before. If you watch the following sequences, our captain was all over the place. Not that most of our other defenders were much better. In such circumstances, with 2 DMs (who were equally all over the place) you wonder why we did not switch to 3 at the back.

We never saw a slow motion of the first foul on Silva, just ahead of him winning the penalty. Not during the game, not in the highlights.

That foul by Lawrence before our VARed goal, Beaton was 3 meters away and deemed it a typical Scottish challenge. Remember when Maeda wrecked Cantwell, and it was neither a penalty, nor a foul, nor VARed. One decision was correct (Lawrence did foul him), the other blatantly not (Maeda clearly wrecked Cantwell). Scottish refereeing consistency at work ...

As I said yesterday, we need our forward-thinking aggressive players back and playing consistently, i.e. Cantwell, Sima, Ridvan, alongside Dessers and Silva. I'd put Sterling alongside Diomande too, as both like a pressing game and can play the ball too. 

20 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

The 2nd yellow for Johnston is debatable - ref watch on SKY mentioned it and the agreement was a penalty was the correct decision as was the "non-card".

New Stewartian rules for penalties: if you win the ball and are just about to exploit it, it doesn’t matter if you’re hacked down.

I struggle to see any logic to that whatsoever. Straw-clutching.

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

It has to be a clear and obvious error. Compare and contrast to the handball in the game at Parkhead.

I accept that there's an argument that it was that, but it also has to be in the same phase of play, and I'm not convinced it was. I'd have thought a new phase of play starts when the first cross is blocked

It was a goal

Var can only be used for fouls in the current phase of play. Two Celtic defenders had played the ball before Dessers scores. The ‘foul’ was committed in an earlier phase of play 

var can only return to previous phases for red cards, violent conduct & mistake identity I believe. 

Edited by RANGERRAB
Spelling