[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 5, 78) - 0 Hearts

Dessers doing his job, Cantwell's best performance, Butland with fine saves, and Balogun a rock. If only Lundstram would play like that every week - wouldn't mind a replacement though. Sterling solid too, Souttar with a few uncharacteristic sloppy moments.

Most of the young players today far too erratic, namely Matondo and Silva, McCausland not so.

Hope Sima is okay soonish.

Edited by der Berliner

Just now, ian1964 said:

In your opinion, he had very good match today!.

He gave the ball away a few times in the first half but I did think he had a good game and ran the show for us.

People are more critical of Lundstram because everything goes through him. Today he had some defensive support in Diomande and Cantwell also turned up for a change so I think any criticism of his use of the ball perhaps have more merit today.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

Souttar with a few uncharacteristic sloppy moments.

Erm, he's almost guaranteed to have one cock up in every match he plays.  Today was very normal for him.

Get the correct players in and around Lundstrum and he can put in the performances we require. Diamonde and Cantwell the difference in midfield.

Souttar very shacky, Balogun played well, Tav also had a good game defensively. 

Say what you want about Dessers but good good finishes today and his overall performance was decent. 

In truth, pass marks for all the players today and hope Matondo and Simas injuries aren't serious. 

46 minutes ago, Frankie said:

He gave the ball away a few times in the first half but I did think he had a good game and ran the show for us.

People are more critical of Lundstram because everything goes through him. Today he had some defensive support in Diomande and Cantwell also turned up for a change so I think any criticism of his use of the ball perhaps have more merit today.

I thought the three midfielders worked well together!.

I don't know about use but I put the game on 5 mins before kick off and that’s never happened before! I thought Goldson coming off for Balogun was a good idea ! Yes he had a few dodgy moments let’s call them lack of game time but overall solid allowing Tav to move up field and more or less contributed towards the first goal, Soutar on the other hand was usual with  Matondo who is always  trying to replicate his two goals previously and lacked any real threat or input , Dessers and John Lundstram were the key men along with Sterling, Diomande has the energy and the pace to play a full 90 mins but JL just lacked the pace towards the 80 mark in which I thought Diomande and Raskin could of caused some more trouble in the midfield if he had stayed on the pitch. If silva wasn’t so desperate to score so many goals then he may have had one but was so blindsided by thinking Dessers was going to score he flung himself forward in a strop and tripped up on his own feet. It’s a step forward indeed and that’s the main thing. The one thing I was concerned about was when PC said he was going to play LB last week instead of CG but LB got injured surely he should of played BD regardless as surely that game against Ross county CG was shocking! Apologies Cantwell was brilliant I thought along with the link up play with Dessers played well today. 

Edited by Fa1833