hutton says no again

alan hutton has knocked back a wopping 30k a week from spurs to stay at Rangers. The middle of the road English Premiership side upped their wages offer by another 10k a week in an attempt to get the Rangers wingback to change his mind but have failed for the second time. seems the boy is sticking to his word.

The only fear i have now is that the club have strongly hinted through various channels that they want the cash so he may feel like he has to go.

But he cant be forced and Im sure Walter and Ally will be taking him aside and telling him that

He must be in talks with someone like man united to leave in the summer. It's annoying but i don't think he will be a Rangers player next season.

From what i have seen of whittaker at left back this season he seems to enjoy drivin forward as hutton does.

Guest Nervous Bear

The thing that gets me about this whole saga is that 20 years ago the roles were very much reversed. At that time we would be the ones taking our pick of the Spurs squad, Gough, Roberts, Falco, Durie etc. This is the best example of how the Sky money has skewed the finances in the British game. Rant over, in my opinion 8 million is pretty good money for Hutton. In the current team we do not need an 8 million pound right back, however I am sure we could use the money and find a place for an 4 million pound striker and a 4 million pound Centre Back to replace the Davie "Rock of Ages" Weir in the summer ...

He must be in talks with someone like man united to leave in the summer. It's annoying but i don't think he will be a Rangers player next season.

From what i have seen of whittaker at left back this season he seems to enjoy drivin forward as hutton does.

I have been impressed by whittaker over the last couple of weeks and expect him to cushion the blow if hutton leaves at the end of the season. The major factor keeping hutton here for the moment is his missus is expecting his second child in a month or two and he doesnt want to unsettle his family. That may change in the summer. but if he was 0ffered 20k+ a week to stay at Rangers i think he would probably stay for good.

but if he was 0ffered 20k+ a year to stay at Rangers i think he would probably stay for good.

You telling me he is only getting paid 385 quid a week at Rangers ??? (20k a year....... I presume you meant 20k a week).

The way he has been playing he is worth at least 20k a week IMO.