hutton says no again

In the current team we do not need an 8 million pound right back, however I am sure we could use the money and find a place for an 4 million pound striker and a 4 million pound Centre Back to replace the Davie "Rock of Ages" Weir in the summer ...

I can see where you're coming from, but I can't agree. Hutton has been outstanding this season both defensively and in attack. If, and I don't really think this will happen, but if he stays on for the next 3 or 4 years with players like Naismith, Stevie Smith, Burke (id he can maintain decent form) we can have a very exciting dynamic team that I feel can really go places. I don't think we should rush things but allow this team to develop and for that to happen then we need t keep our best players.

Tottenham Hotspur will not be pursuing their interest in Rangers full-back Alan Hutton.

Reports on Tuesday suggested that Spurs were set to lodge an improved offer after the defender rejected an �£8million move to the North Londoners last Thursday.

However, Spurs have officially ended their pursuit of the 23-year-old.

"We have made it clear that we have no further interest in Alan Hutton," said a Tottenham spokesperson.

Tottenham's defence has been distinctly shaky this season, and manager Juande Ramos is likely to turn his attentions to a fresh target after failing in his bid to lure Hutton to White Hart Lane.

I hope that is it finished now but i fear not to be honest. I think they will come back before the window runs out.

I can see where you're coming from, but I can't agree. Hutton has been outstanding this season both defensively and in attack. If, and I don't really think this will happen, but if he stays on for the next 3 or 4 years with players like Naismith, Stevie Smith, Burke (id he can maintain decent form) we can have a very exciting dynamic team that I feel can really go places. I don't think we should rush things but allow this team to develop and for that to happen then we need t keep our best players.

I agree with all of that Juff. At the moment we have some very exciting young Scottish players who do/could hold a good future for our club

spot on juffery. i said in an earlier post that we should be building a team for the long term and if we can hold on to the likes of hutton then it can only be a good thing for the club. I doubt we will ever go out and spend big in the transfer market again. Our future lies in Murray park but it defeats the object when we punt the first bit of real talent to come throught it. Just hope SDM sees it that way.