Birmingham bid for Rangers striker Boyd

tribalfooball.com - January 09, 2008

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish is making a bid for Rangers striker Kris Boyd.

McLeish rates the Scotland striker, a �£400,000 buy for Rangers from Kilmarnock in 2006. He would now cost about �£3m.

Think this is more of a rumour, albeit one thats circulated since Eck took over.

I hope to god its not true and certainly not for that figure either. Im still one of the ones who doesnt understand why we dont play our best and most natural striker in ever game :S

I hope it's not true also but if WS doesn't start playing him regularly then I say let the boy go as it's not doing anyone any favours IMO. I think he is better than a squad player but like most players he needs to be playing regularly to get the best out of him.

If players like Darren Bent are worth �£16.5M then he is worth a lot more than �£3M IMO :cheers:

Exactly, with Hutton now being touted between 10-12m and as you mentioned the fee of Bent, �£3m is not enough even if he is playing in Scotland

Let's be realistic here, Kris Boyd is nowhere near worth �£3M.

that's obviously your opinion m8 fine, but not everyone's.

darren bent went for �£16.5M and he is not worth that IMO, he was to the team who paid that for him, they are worth what the team wants to pay surely and what the team he plays for want to accept. like hutton was worth �£8M in spurs and rangers eyes.

Think this is more of a rumour, albeit one thats circulated since Eck took over.

I hope to god its not true and certainly not for that figure either. Im still one of the ones who doesnt understand why we dont play our best and most natural striker in ever game :S

Agree, ridiculous to sell the most natural goalscorer in the country and the most prolific at Gers since Coisty.

Still doubt it will happen and would be a big mistake if it did.

excluding that 6 month blip from Negri...

And 3 months from Mols who was an all rounder.

But as for Boyd, Im with Gav - Sell sell sell. I give him 3 games and he will be in Birmingham reserves, there is NO WAY he could hack the premiership. And 3 million is laughable.