Birmingham bid for Rangers striker Boyd

I don't think Boyd has been playing because WS has been playing with one main striker up front for some time and that role just doesn't suit Boyd. Recently its been almost a 4-3-3 at times with Burke and Naismith on the flanks.

And Birmingham won't be playing most games with one striker?

I've no idea. I thought they played with O'Connor and Forrsell up front. But I thought the question was about why Boyd hadn't been playing for us much.

They did against Huddersfield in the FA Cup but I can't see EWck going with 2 up front for the majority of the EPL games.

Off topic a bit here but it'll be interesting to see how Birmingham do against Arsenal at the weekend. This'll be a massive test for Eck.

Off topic a bit here but it'll be interesting to see how Birmingham do against Arsenal at the weekend. This'll be a massive test for Eck.

So are you saying it wasnt a massive test for Eck when they went to Old Trafford the other week ? They only got beat 1-0 and SAF was saying that Brum had a few chances to equalise in the last 15 mins or so.

So are you saying it wasnt a massive test for Eck when they went to Old Trafford the other week ? They only got beat 1-0 and SAF was saying that Brum had a few chances to equalise in the last 15 mins or so.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

They did against Huddersfield in the FA Cup but I can't see EWck going with 2 up front for the majority of the EPL games.

Arsenal will pump them. Could be 4 or 5. Brums defence is the 2nd worst in the Prem IMO and if no one has been brought in then it could be a hammering.

As for Boyd, its catch 22 whether he will succeed down at B'ham, as they have been playing with one up and one in behind. Boyd isnt going to chase the game or hold the ball up but if they need something and are creating only a few chances, Boyd's the man to take those chances.

He needs to give up the bevvy though, its done wonders for Hutton, but Boyd still looks like a fish out of water at times when he drifts out games.

Will be interesting to see what develops over the next week or two.

it's all about opinions as usual and I don't agree with yours on this as you will know by now m8 :devil:

say the same with the likes of Buffel, if he went down south he wouldn't be heard off far less seen but that's only my opinion :cheers:

If we sell our most natural goalscorer we've had for years who do we get in to replace him as we don't have anyone else who can do that IMO and how much to we pay, it's all a big gamble IMO in a very important season, get it wrong and it could cost us the league, time to play boyd more I say.

Fair do's mate, although i disagree on Buffel. I think he'd be ok in the EPL as it would suit his game due to him being a more pacey player.

The only shout for keeping Boyd IMO is the same as Ascender said - JCD is injured a lot and Cousin is 30 plus looks disinterested. But then again Smith is playing with 1 striker and that just isnt Boyds role at all. He still looks out of shape aswell to me despite losing weight last summer.

I know this is something from me, but, Id actually play Boyd if Buffel was in the team - I think that could be a decent partnership.

Sorry but I agree with a few others, I cant understand your thoughts sometimes Gribz.

Get rid of Boyd cos he's shite, doesnt do enough BUT play Sebo who has.....well done fuck all apart from one celtic game.

Buffel. What has he really done? He has shown glimpses occasionally, but more often than not is not interested, lazy and a luxury passanger.