Gretna 1 : 2 Rangers - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

We played well in the first 45 minutes - then for some reason didn't turn up for the 2nd half.

The failings last night were - Weir had has worst game in an Rangers jersey. Couldn't handle Duechar - never won a ball in the air, looked suspect all night and his distribution was shocking. Alan McGregor looked very clumsy in goal and was lucky on a few occassions where he punched rather than collected the ball. Our midfield once again lacked any real pace. Hendami and Adam struggled on the heavy pitch. Ferguson, Naismith and Burke were for long periods too detatched from Cousin. Cousin won 99% of balls in the air - flicked them on but no one was supporting.

Cousin takes a lot of unfair criticsism IMO - guy can win balls in the air, he leads the line well, can create chances (first goal and the chance he created for JCD with the pass of the night) and he can finish when presented with opportunities.

In fact, two guys sitting in front of me last night (South Stand) refused to celebrate the winning goal as it was scored by (and I Quote) 'that lazy french barsteward...' - what can you say?

MAjor failings last night - the officials - how they contrived to not give us 2 stone-wall penalties and send off the Gretna keeper for handling outside his area is beyond me. They must have been the only 3 people in the entire stadium to miss those incidents.

As for MOTM - Fergie by a country mile.

Cammy F

what can you say? i refer the honourable gentlemen in the stand to one jorg albertz esq, loudly and roundly lambasted as a lazy german barsteward. now, of course, everyone wishes he was back and thinks he was brilliant. the only thing i hate about being a rangers man is having to listen to other rangers fans (sometimes). i don't suppose we're any worse than other teams, but then i don't listen to fans of other teams at all.

Cousin takes a lot of unfair criticsism IMO - guy can win balls in the air, he leads the line well, can create chances (first goal and the chance he created for JCD with the pass of the night) and he can finish when presented with opportunities.

In fact, two guys sitting in front of me last night (South Stand) refused to celebrate the winning goal as it was scored by (and I Quote) 'that lazy french barsteward...' - what can you say?

Agreed on first point. He has always had to play upfront on his own aswell which doesnt help. He showed against Barca he has a talent. His power is there to see and the likes of Naismith and Burke could learn off this as they were easily pushed off the ball in this game and against Hibs away. Plus Cousin took his goal superbly, he was at a tight angle and could have blasted it anywhere.

Disgrace on 2nd point.

Don't understand why as a fan you wouldn't celebrate any goal by Rangers, no matter who scored it. Would they celebrate an own goal by a Celtic player? A goal is a goal and if you don't like one of your own players it should dampen some of your criticism not increase it. If you don't like someone for doing something wrong then you can't dislike them for doing something right.

It seems like petty dislikes are more important than the team winning. I thought that was the domain of the Tims.

No wonder Boyd gets so much criticism.

Don't understand why as a fan you wouldn't celebrate any goal by Rangers, no matter who scored it. Would they celebrate an own goal by a Celtic player? A goal is a goal and if you don't like one of your own players it should dampen some of your criticism not increase it. If you don't like someone for doing something wrong then you can't dislike them for doing something right.

It seems like petty dislikes are more important than the team winning. I thought that was the domain of the Tims.

No wonder Boyd gets so much criticism.

These fans probably don't have their own views and are perhaps jumping on the 'bandwagon' like so many do when something sticks to a player and he starts getting targetted for abuse from some sections or media etc. There have been players in the past I wasn't keen on but if they scored it's all for the good of Rangers is it not and I always celebrated.

I don't understand some fans or people doing this and wonder why they actually go to the games.

To say what they done is childish is an understatement.