Gretna 1 : 2 Rangers - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

At least we won last night. That's exactly the sort of game we'd have lost under PLG. Maybe its because there's some more team & fighting spirit amongst the lads or maybe we just have better players who can make the difference when the chips are down, but at least we got 3 points.

I think the problems are there for all to see, but I'd much rather we were top of the league while not playing well than trailing in second or even third place.

Definitely...

Last night was always going to be tricky as we were never going to be as sharp after not playing for 2 weeks. We got through it and played some good stuff at times.

An even more difficult match on Sunday now but with the right players and improvement we can win that as well.

didnt think anyone deserved special praise last night. Burke had a good first half but dissapeared in the second. Naismith looked dangerous but didnt create anything. Adam, Hemdani and cousin where all very suspect and could have easily been subbed at half time.

But the nearside linesman stole the show and could have cost us the points with some second rate decisions. how he missed the keeper outside the box with the ball in his hands is beyond me. I wont even bother to get started on the penalty claims.

Is it just me that thinks that Rangers played not bad last night - in the first half anyway?

We created a barrel-load of chances that had the finishing been "slightly" better or our luck been better then we'd have probably been about three up by the 20 minutes and cruising.

But as things can happen against smaller teams, if you keep missing chances you don't have a cushion, they get into the game and are always a goal away from a draw, and as time ticks away, our players get a bit more anxious and the game starts to get scrappy and nervy.

We eventually scored a good goal just before half time, but instead of being a good time to score, for us it allowed us to relax too much at the start of the second half, and some terrible defending let Gretna back into the game. Not surprisingly, that gave them a lift and put our guys on edge.

Some stupid pundit said something about if Gretna taking their chances they could easily have had about three goals but forgot to mention that had Rangers taken all their chances the score could have been about 25-3.

Rangers totally dominated the game, creating loads of chances, but as it always goes, if you don't put a few of them away, you struggle to get a result.

Rangers also had about 5 claims for a penalty turned down with a few of them looking very convincing as well as other poor decisions against us.

I think the team are playing ok and we can put the close call down to being a bit unlucky.

Is it just me that thinks that Rangers played not bad last night - in the first half anyway?

We created a barrel-load of chances that had the finishing been "slightly" better or our luck been better then we'd have probably been about three up by the 20 minutes and cruising.

But as things can happen against smaller teams, if you keep missing chances you don't have a cushion, they get into the game and are always a goal away from a draw, and as time ticks away, our players get a bit more anxious and the game starts to get scrappy and nervy.

We eventually scored a good goal just before half time, but instead of being a good time to score, for us it allowed us to relax too much at the start of the second half, and some terrible defending let Gretna back into the game. Not surprisingly, that gave them a lift and put our guys on edge.

Some stupid pundit said something about if Gretna taking their chances they could easily have had about three goals but forgot to mention that had Rangers taken all their chances the score could have been about 25-3.

Rangers totally dominated the game, creating loads of chances, but as it always goes, if you don't put a few of them away, you struggle to get a result.

Rangers also had about 5 claims for a penalty turned down with a few of them looking very convincing as well as other poor decisions against us.

I think the team are playing ok and we can put the close call down to being a bit unlucky.

i agree, we had a few players who had off nights and still won and if we had taken our chances would've walked it easy but had to work hard in the end but got what we deserved.

:D

Stupid pundit? There's no such thing, they're all fountains of knowledge and interesting to losten too. Hmmmmmmm!!

Probably would be Scott Boof, he's a complete fanny.

Probably would be Scott Boof, he's a complete fanny.

I alsmot wrote an email to Setanta the other week after something Booth said - it was so obviously anti-Rangers biased that it annoyed me that much. Was going to ask them if they would ever consider having someone commentate who actually knew what they were talking about !

I alsmot wrote an email to Setanta the other week after something Booth said - it was so obviously anti-Rangers biased that it annoyed me that much. Was going to ask them if they would ever consider having someone commentate who actually knew what they were talking about !

don't be daft m8 :D

In the match against the sheep up at Pittodrie just before xmas he called a couple of Rangers players "buzzbombs". What the fuck is a buzzbomb? I didn't know whether to laugh at him for coming away with something so daft or wonder why he was commentating on TV when he says things like that.