Not long to go so imagine you'r the manager how would you set up your team to beat the hoops and what would you'r starting eleven be .

40 minutes ago, compo said:

Not long to go so imagine you'r the manager how would you set up your team to beat the hoops and what would you'r starting eleven be .

Depends who is fit but I would go 

Butland

Tav       Souttar  Leon   Ridvan

Sterling

Dio     Lundstrum

Ross.              Dessers.           Sima 

And my instructions would be everyone to a man press and back each other up Celtic for years have been weak when pressed but nobody ever does it to them

The big question is: Will Clement let Celtc run the midfield again?  The answer to that will probably go a long way to deciding the outcome of the match.

I suspect it'll be more of the same, unfortunately.

There is a big advantage, for us, in that the fhilth will hugely underestimate us, hugely overestimate themselves, and generally, and genuinely, think that they merely have to trap at Hampden to win the match. 

Therefore, we should be 3-0 up before they know what has hit them. 

Posted (edited)

The manager must be getting sick of trying to patch a starting XI together with what is available.

- There are those who will be out of contract next month.

- There are those who aren't really match fit or in an established rhythm. 

- There are those who seem to have lost interest and/or can't be bothered with applying themselves when we haven't got possession.

- There are those whose legs seem to have gone recently. 

- There are even a couple he can rely upon.

Results over several years suggest a collective inferiority   complex and lack of belief against our opponents.

The manager hasn't yet found a way to beat them.

Whilst a one off Cup Final represents opportunity and  potentially, a motivational tool for those who are being questioned. It also represents a danger for the managers  'credibility balance'.

He must feel like a man with a stick on his way to a gunfight. 

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

There is a big advantage, for us, in that the fhilth will hugely underestimate us, hugely overestimate themselves, and generally, and genuinely, think that they merely have to trap at Hampden to win the match. 

Therefore, we should be 3-0 up before they know what has hit them. 

I suspect you think the Belgian bun has a cunning plan 

The conundrum the manager has is stopping Celtic gaining control of the midfield which then exposes our full backs but also having our creative players playing and influencing the game.

As other teams have shown this season, they can be got at and they have frailties. We just need to find the ballance so we can expose ane capitalise on these whilst stopping them from overrunning us.

Easier said than done

41 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

But are they wrong?

Overconfidence, swelled heids, and the like, often come before a defeat, to say nothing of a week's partying. 

And it's a Cup-Tie. 

• Rousseau changed the title to Cup final
6 hours ago, Uilleam said:

merely have to trap at Hampden to win the match. 

If we were in their shoes... thats how I would feel because I feel so far the other way its untrue. Hell........... it even happens in the woman's league