I laughed at @Rousseau’s Windass post above but I saw him in a televised FA Cup match for Wednesday last season. Scored and generally played with courage, determination and a fair amount of skill. I might pick that Windass ahead of any of the current Rangers forwards apart from McAusland.

Posted (edited)
On 19/05/2024 at 16:04, Uilleam said:

There is a big advantage, for us, in that the fhilth will hugely underestimate us, hugely overestimate themselves, and generally, and genuinely, think that they merely have to trap at Hampden to win the match. 

Therefore, we should be 3-0 up before they know what has hit them. 

I can't fault the logic. It is one of those 'unwritten rules' that repeatedly happens in sport.

I think back to the Hampden semi final of 2016, a perfect example.

However, I don't think that this Celtic team are  going to drop their guard, in terms of approach to the game. That would put the onus on ourselves to up our levels (especially at the start of the game) and probably change our approach to the game. Easier said than done with this group of players. 

To have a punchers chance, I think he really needs to change the tactics and instill fresh hope into his squad and some uncertainty, into the other lot.

Go the same way and it will get ugly, during and after the match.

Edited by buster.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

I can't fault the logic. It is one of those 'unwritten rules' that repeatedly happens in sport.

I think back to the Hampden semi final of 2016, a perfect example.

However, I don't think that this Celtic team are  going to drop their guard, in terms of approach to the game. That would put the onus on ourselves to up our levels (especially at the start of the game) and probably change our approach to the game. Easier said than done with this group of players. 

To have a punchers chance, I think he really needs to change the tactics and instill fresh hope into his squad and some uncertainty, into the other lot.

Go the same way and it will get ugly, during and after the match.

I remember a similar run under big eck where we hadn't beat them for some time, then went to their place and won 2-0. Vignal and Novo scoring if i recall.

Big difference being back then we lacked quality but had the heart. I think we have the quality now but lack the heart and mentality. 

22 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I remember a similar run under big eck where we hadn't beat them for some time, then went to their place and won 2-0. Vignal and Novo scoring if i recall.

Big difference being back then we lacked quality but had the heart. I think we have the quality now but lack the heart and mentality. 

I'd like to see the quality you speak of.

Getting close to crunch time for Clement imo, pains me to say it.

Lose this and then you've got the first OF at Sharkhead. All of a sudden you're staring at 0 wins in 5.

Although I still think we'll turn them over Saturday. Killer.