Much can be debated about Walters tactics in SPL / Euro games and his choice selections.

But I wonder how he feels being back at Rangers with the club being ran totally different. He no longer can buy multi million pound players and has to pick and scrape from the bottom end of the market and the club are a selling club if the opportunity comes around - although in Cousin's case our hands are tied as he wanted the move - but in Alan Hutton's case the player wants to stay at lease until the end of the season.

TBH he hasnt done too badly so far with some buys in certain areas. He's done well with McGregor in goal and brought him on to be a fine keeper.

Cuellar at the back has been a bright spark for 95% of the season, I just hope we can hold onto him. Davie Weir has been solid throughout but needs a break at the moment.

In midfield McCulloch and Thomson have been popular. McCulloch was a preferred signing of mine and got off to a great start this season but went off the boil for a few games but I expect him to be back to his best soon. Thomson remains a popular player with the fans.

We'll see a bit more from Naismith soon IMO and hopefully Darcheville can stay clear of injuries for a while.

In the last 12 months we have went from being a disaster to title challengers. Dont get me wrong Celtic arent a top club - they have some on field problems at the moment in the SPL - but I think credit can be given to Walter for putting us in the situation we are in again and playing in 4 competitions as we head towards the end of January. We can only ask for a bit more attractive football and that may take a little bit longer but should come.

IMO we couldn't have a better manager than WS to come in when he did,I said so at the time.And the reason for that is we neede stability,which he has done.Now, when it comes to tactics and team selections he comes in for a bit of criticism,but I believe in stability and I am happy with the way we are,on the field,just now and believe we will get better, so he gets my backing as we have came on loads since his return.My worry is off the park,where are we going SDM ?.

IMO I never rated C****c as a top club over the last 2 seasons.... it was just that the rest of Scottish Football was rank rotten.

We have caught up on C****c now, and we need to have a good run in for the spring. We need to stay top, and hopefully pull a little bit more of a gap out of the hat.

I can see the title, but it depends how hungry the players are.

I can also sniff a treble, but I am not going to harp on about that yet (aye right!!)

I think WS is a better manager now having experienced the EPL and international football...which is all good for us. i also think that McCoist and McDowall are a big part in the new Rangers as well....perhaps to take over when WS has done another 3 - 4 years as manager...but all in all, we are back where we belong...top of the league.

IMO we couldn't have a better manager than WS to come in when he did,I said so at the time.And the reason for that is we neede stability,which he has done.Now, when it comes to tactics and team selections he comes in for a bit of criticism,but I believe in stability and I am happy with the way we are,on the field,just now and believe we will get better, so he gets my backing as we have came on loads since his return.My worry is off the park,where are we going SDM ?.

100% agreed.

Walter is back and found, we have a fantastic training facility instead of a public park, with top medical suite too with hydrotherapy, instead of a cooler full of ice.

He'll find he has double the wages to spend, but that value for money is less.

He'll find he can pick up good players at the end of their contracts for free or near the end of their contracts for cheap.

He's found his spending budget has topped �£14M in one year.

He'll find he's been able to get the best depth of squad he's ever had at Rangers.

He'll find himself with a �£9M player and a $5.5M player in his team - more than he had before.

He'll find he can buy a player for �£1M and sell him 6 months later for �£3M.

He'll find he has a squad with many Scots, with quite a few young promising guys who are playing well right now, rather than an old squad of foreigners.

He'll find a much better and bigger 5 star stadium with an average of 49k fans rather than the 43k of before.

All in all, I think he'll be pretty happy, considering he's 4pts ahead of a much stronger Celtic side; still in Europe after Christmas after a making a decent fist of the CL - and not getting gubbed like before, bar once; in the semi final of the League Cup against a beleaguered, managerless Hearts side with Celtic already out; and just having completed a 6-0 thrashing in the Scottish Cup with his reserve team which also included a 16 year old who shows fantastic potential.