Rangers 2 : 0 Hearts (CIS Cup) - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Hemdani was poor first half, but came onto a stormer once we got ahead he helped control the game. Ferguson and Burke clearly played better, playing at a good level throughout the ninety. Ferguson motm, controlled the game, kept Hearts under pressure, drove us forward and scored the important opener. Better passing by his team mates and he'd have had a couple more.

I saw glimpses again of what Hemdani can do when going forward. Should we unleash him and just give him a more attacking role and see what happens?

I think it would be Hemdani for me followed closely by Fergie and Burke.

Ive said before id like to see Hemdani get forward a bit more with Thomson sitting behind him. Maybe Dailly can do that until Thommo is back.

Whittaker taking on the mantle of Hutton wasn't too inspiring last night. Maybe he was trying too hard, but he often lost the ball and his passing was rarely picked up by a team-mate. I would have given him about a 5 for last night.

Adam's distribution was also a bit woeful and his first touch really needs working on. I'd probably give him 6.

Weir could do with clearing his headers better - higher and further.

Looking at the Hearts penalty claim: while Cuellar shouldn't have touched him, the Hearts man diving into the penalty box was pure simulation. He felt the attentions of the Spaniard and launched himself. If it was a foul, then it was outside the box, but if it was a foul, then Burkie is owed about 20 free kicks and a couple of penalties.

Due to the cheats in the game, if you go down too easily you get nothing, Burke suffers for that and last night was a dodgier example.

The Darcheville penalty claim looked far more substantial, as he was sandwiched by the defenders. Perhaps the ref thought he was trying too hard to get a penalty.

Our second claim for a penalty looked like a stonewaller and I can only assume the referee did not see it. It was a clear, deliberate hand ball which stopped the ball getting through to Weir and so definitely gave an advantage.

In contrast, Bazza's handball was purely accidental and he gained no advantage. He was fending off the attentions of a defender and the ball bounced high and touched his arm. I don't think anyone can claim it was deliberate hand ball to gain and advantage and as such, I can't see how it was a foul.

In the end if the ref gave everthing, we'd have had a goal chalked off, two penalties and Hearts would have had a free kick on the left side of the box.

So looking at it that way, we were actually hard done by assuming we'd have scored the penalties.