What has rooney being rested got to do with BF?

He is our best player IMO and captain and should be playing every game.

Its an example that best players can get a rest now and then to keep them fresh for upcoming multiple matches.

IMO burn out is one of the main reasons for Fergusons poor form

But he's not on his game the now and hasn't been for a while. Just because someone's the captain doesn't mean they're a 1st choice pick.

True but I don't think there is anyone better in our team IMO where he plays.

Hemdani has also been playing poorly IMO and has Adam, and Thomson is just back from injury, who else is better?

BF has to be in our midfield for the rest of the season IMO.

Its an example that best players can get a rest now and then to keep them fresh for upcoming multiple matches.

IMO burn out is one of the main reasons for Fergusons poor form

With very young/old players I agree but someone who is just 30 I disagree totally m8.

The trouble with last night is that our whole midfield was poor. Was Davis better last night or is it that Bazza had at least three glaringly dreadful passes?

Hemdani was also out of sorts and Dailly not as effective as usual. Adam was hardly on the ball at all.

Our whole midfield basically went missing which meant our defence suffered a barrage for 90 minutes.

PS I think Barry was immense in the first game and was pivotal in us getting through. When I think about that, it makes me wonder how you can justify dropping him. No other midfielder we have, is capable of raising our midfield to a level where we can dominate top European teams.

A good Bazza adds more than a poor Bazza takes away. He's worth the risk: we may have more consistency without him but we would have been more likely to draw the first game and lose the second.

Agree with Calscot. The biggest problem we had last night was not having Cousin or Darcheville up front. The way we set up means that we had no out ball other than Novo who was marked by a 6ft 5" Mertesacker + another 6ft+ centre half. Consequently the ball was coming straight back at us all the time.

Barry Ferguson did have a poor game last night by his standards but i dont think it justifies dropping him....it was an extremely difficult game for him to exert any kind of influence with Diego basically running the show and Bremen obviously aware of how to keep Barry out of the game....

IMO, he's a good captain and one that can inspire those around him and for the games coming up, starting with sunday's final...we're going to need that.

saying what I have said in earlier posts if BF needs to be rested/dropped then next wed against thistle is the perfect opportunity. If we can't beat them without him then there's something wrong and we have a few big games coming up after this!!