Ragers v Dundee United - League Cup Final Thread

i think if the 451 formation works well only in certain games.... i.e. not a cup final game with a player who's not a striker

and everybody knew the formation before the ball was kicked, so did DUTD not just train and work at beating this this formation all week if not longer?

I think walter thought it could of worked alot better but dutd didn't let us play it to good effect... credit to them

They were the better team! But then that can be said of so many cames this season. Isn't it the signs of a good team to grid results while playing badly??

I'm sure we would all love to see attractive football but a win is a win! Even if it is on pens!!

They were the better team! But then that can be said of so many cames this season. Isn't it the signs of a good team to grid results while playing badly??

I'm sure we would all love to see attractive football but a win is a win! Even if it is on pens!!

When we scored both our goals we were on the up, playing better football and looking hungrier. I guess you are saying I am correct then!

:fish:

Guest Ibroxian

Hard to believe first silverware in 3 years! And some of you seem a little upset by the performance! My team is the Hammers, were lucky to even reach a final every quarter of a century! So be thankful!

Finally!!!! A trophy back at Ibrox. 1 down - 3 to go :cheers:

Well done the lads and the management for the turn around. Credit to Boyd who finally seems like he was the hero :)

Fair play to Dundee Utd, they gave us a game. I wish there chairman well in his fight against cancer and hope they go on and finish 3rd in the league to claim the UEFA cup spot.

But thats us with the first one in the bag despite the performance. We have to remember we had a tough 90 mins on thursday against Werder. WS got his team spot on in Germany but where he got credit then, he has to take some flak for getting it a bit wrong yesterday. McCulloch shouldnt play upfront and Burke shouldnt play.