The Boy that cried Wolf

Not harsh at all. He is talented and has the potential to be a great player, but also one that will be despised unless he cuts out the diving. He was good against France yes, well apart from the times he went over, maybe you missed those

Not harsh at all. He is talented and has the potential to be a great player, but also one that will be despised unless he cuts out the diving. He was good against France yes, well apart from the times he went over, maybe you missed those

dont know how :confused: full 6.0 from all the judges for the swan technique!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/5120332.stm

He's now come out and said he wants to leave given the circumstances.

No matted everyone's opinion of him, if he went back to Man U and got back to the basice of football, cut out the diving and play acting and started turning it on for Man U then he would gain a hell of a lot of cudos in the football world.

But no, Ronaldo says "I'm too much of a wankshite that I cant face the responsibilites of my own actions that I'm gonna clear off before the going gets rough"

I think if he stayed and overcame this adversity it would be the making of him as a player. If he goes then he'll lose what little credibility he has left.

Rant over.

sorry danny, but i`m siding with geo here.

can i just ask if he`s soooo talented then why does he...

1. persist in doing stepovers which the defenders are clearly reading now and most of the time he doesn`t make it past the defender?

2. fall on his ass after three stepovers?

3. as shown v benfica in last years champions league, he will do keepy upys in his OWN side of the pitch, facing AWAY from the goal, when his team are down 2-0?(what purpose does this serve?)

4. wind players up to the extent that it appears that even his OWN teammates have lost respect for him?

5. dive PERSISTANTLY, not only that but dive BADLY!!!?

6. play to the crowd with winks, fingers, claps sarcasticly?

7. so talented he has got EVERY teams fans but his own booing him because of his cheating and unsportsmanlike behaviour?

when i first seen him i thought he had potential. but never have i thought anymore of him.

he is so easy to read, it`s virtually the same scenario every game with backheels and stepoverrs that get his team nowhere, crosses that are over hit, shots blazed over the bar. ok he`s good in the air and quite fast but nothing spectacular.

imho if real madrid offered me £20m for him i`d bite their hand off for it.

sorry danny, but i`m siding with geo here.

can i just ask if he`s soooo talented then why does he...

<Cracks knuckles>

1. persist in doing stepovers which the defenders are clearly reading now and most of the time he doesn`t make it past the defender?

2. fall on his ass after three stepovers?

3. as shown v benfica in last years champions league, he will do keepy upys in his OWN side of the pitch, facing AWAY from the goal, when his team are down 2-0?(what purpose does this serve?)

4. wind players up to the extent that it appears that even his OWN teammates have lost respect for him?

5. dive PERSISTANTLY, not only that but dive BADLY!!!?

6. play to the crowd with winks, fingers, claps sarcasticly?

7. so talented he has got EVERY teams fans but his own booing him because of his cheating and unsportsmanlike behaviour?

Did you take a single breath there :)

None of your points really prove him a poor player, just a poor sportsman. I suspect if he played for Chelsea you'd be more lenient.

So, that said, feel free to do a 7 point condemnation of Robben and Drogba...

when i first seen him i thought he had potential. but never have i thought anymore of him.

he is so easy to read, it`s virtually the same scenario every game with backheels and stepoverrs that get his team nowhere, crosses that are over hit, shots blazed over the bar. ok he`s good in the air and quite fast but nothing spectacular.

imho if real madrid offered me £20m for him i`d bite their hand off for it.

If he is so bad, why is he a regular for Portugal? Why has he had a very good world cup (Excluding the bad side)? Why has Capello, one of the best coaches in the game, gone on record as saying he really likes him? Do you think he's an idiot?

I completely accept his personality is not the best and he does have unsporting tendencies, but to say he's an inneffective player is ignorant at best and downright biased against Man Utd and Portugal at worst.

No offence.

So colshy your saying he's not a talented player?

See the thing is i agree with danny, oh yes he's a diving fooker but i'll tell you one thing mate i'd snap him up in a split second because he's a great player. You made your 7 points but by saying this it leads me to believe that if he was offered to you on a free transfer to rangers and money was no object (wages) you wouldn't take him??

Agreeing with Danny here, he is an awesome talent and with the right coaching he could be a world class player.

He needs to cut out a bit of the play acting on his own.

However i think he will move on from Man Utd because he has become a hated figure who will get booed over england if he stays.

I think it would be in both his and Man utds interest for him to leave and if they got 20 million for him they should take it.

There are 2 seperate issues at play here.

1. Is he a good/great player ?

2. Is he a cheat ?

I think Danny is right in that he is a very talented player, not great (that word gets thrown about too often). But there is no doubt that he has the goods at his disposal to be one of the best.

I also happen to think, as we all do, that he is a cheat - and he needs to realise soon that if he continues down that path then his chances of becoming a great player diminish, as well as any respect you can command from your fellow professionals.

The fact that he feels he has to leave England because of the abuse is pretty disgraceful. The English are demonising him as being the reason they were eliminated form the WC... the reason they were eliminated is because they were shite... but yet again the English have to find a scapegoat outwith their own ranks to blame their own failings on.