The Boy that cried Wolf

The boy will be the best player in the world one day.

This tournament he is joint top for shots on target. A winger... top on shots on target. How can u argue with that.

Sorry but if i was to pick a team ronaldo would be the 1st on my last.

The guys a legend

Shots on target could ALSO be construed as greed and not being a team player.... hmmmm, Ronaldo not a team player ?!?!

A legend ? At 19, or whatever young age he is ?

I think he's a good player but he's got to learn to cut out the diving and make the easy pass instead of trying to beat a man 4 or 5 times before he either loses it or puts in a shite cross.

I think he's a good player but he's got to learn to cut out the diving and make the easy pass instead of trying to beat a man 4 or 5 times before he either loses it or puts in a shite cross.

Deffo, hes gotta learn to put in a better final ball aswell.

The thing is aswell the boy was kicked about the park for a lot of the start of the tourney. Its always the good players that get kicked.

<Cracks knuckles>

Did you take a single breath there :)

None of your points really prove him a poor player, just a poor sportsman. I suspect if he played for Chelsea you'd be more lenient.

So, that said, feel free to do a 7 point condemnation of Robben and Drogba...

so can you explain to me then what the effectivness is then of doing keepy upys in your own half when your 2-1 down then?

doesn`t have anything to do with unsportsmanlike behaviour, rather naivety and poor footballing knowledge.

drogba and robben are NOT the issue here. or, did you bring them in as i suspect, to try win points?

If he is so bad, why is he a regular for Portugal? Why has he had a very good world cup (Excluding the bad side)? Why has Capello, one of the best coaches in the game, gone on record as saying he really likes him? Do you think he's an idiot?

did i call him an idiot?

don`t think so!!

even bad players play well SOME of the time. anyway, he may have won second place for best young player, but he also single handedly ruined the whole atmosphere of the world cup and turned it into a booing match.

I completely accept his personality is not the best and he does have unsporting tendencies, but to say he's an inneffective player is ignorant at best and downright biased against Man Utd and Portugal at worst.

so because i disagree with you danny that i don`t say he`s a great talent i`m ignorant?

a tad harsh considering you don`t even know me?

how can it be biased against man.utd when i`m sticking up for wayne rooney, the golden boy of man.utd!!??

so can you explain to me then what the effectivness is then of doing keepy upys in your own half when your 2-1 down then?

It makes you a showboater, not a bad footballer.

doesn`t have anything to do with unsportsmanlike behaviour, rather naivety and poor footballing knowledge.

drogba and robben are NOT the issue here. or, did you bring them in as i suspect, to try win points?

It was to make a point that as an England (Hate Portugal) and Chelsea (Hate Man Utd) supporter, you're not the best person to judge Ronaldo. You despise his cheating yet you're not condemning Robben and Drogba for similar crimes.

did i call him an idiot?

don`t think so!!

even bad players play well SOME of the time. anyway, he may have won second place for best young player, but he also single handedly ruined the whole atmosphere of the world cup and turned it into a booing match.

You seem to imply Ronaldo's less than a very good player. That's just not correct.

so because i disagree with you danny that i don`t say he`s a great talent i`m ignorant?

a tad harsh considering you don`t even know me?

I'm just suggesting that your dismissal of his talent is based on not very much besides your partiality against him.

how can it be biased against man.utd when i`m sticking up for wayne rooney, the golden boy of man.utd!!??

Because even a blind man knows Rooney's a player. No offence.

None of this is intended as offensive, and certainly isn't personal. It's just a debate and I apologise if you're taking it offensively.

some of it i did take offensively danny as i don`t like it when people put words into my mouth.

anyway i can see we`re at completely different ends of this spectrum and i believe the main points have already been debated.

however, if you wish to add further points i will be more than willing to discuss them in a civilised and mature manner:thup:

Ronaldo began plotting exit from United 10 months ago

Daniel Taylor

Thursday July 13, 2006

The Guardian

Manchester United's robust announcement that they would not allow Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Old Trafford was undermined by suggestions last night that he had been plotting his departure for the last 10 months. Sir Alex Ferguson's inquiries are understood to have indicated that Ronaldo broached the subject with his agent Jorge Mendes last September and that potential buyers were informed shortly after that it would be his final season in England.

The evidence gathered by Ferguson is said to show the strength of Ronaldo's feeling and reaffirms that his desire to leave has nothing to do with the fallout from Wayne Rooney's sending-off in the World Cup. Ronaldo first publicly stated that he wanted to sign for Real Madrid a week before the England-Portugal game and Ferguson suspects that the incident with Rooney is being used as an excuse.

Ronaldo's team-mates are said to be bemused by his claims that he has not had any support from Ferguson or the club's owners, the Glazer family, after being vilified for the underhand tactics he showed in the World Cup. It is a standing joke among United players that Ronaldo is teacher's pet so far as Ferguson and his assistant Carlos Queiroz are concerned.

Ferguson is dismayed by Ronaldo's stance during what has become a fraught summer for the United manager. While Chelsea signed Andriy Shevchenko, Michael Ballack, Salomon Kalou and, to Ferguson's intense irritation, Jon Obi Mikel, United have failed to keep their chief executive David Gill's promise that all their transfer business would be completed before the World Cup. Deals have provisionally been put in place to sign Michael Carrick from Tottenham Hotspur and West Bromwich Albion's goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak but, when it comes to more glamorous targets, the club's pulling power appears to have waned.

It is three years since the Premiership trophy last resided at Old Trafford and, if Ronaldo were to leave, he would be the first player in Ferguson's 20 years in office to decide that the club no longer matched his ambitions, a fact that may have contributed to the manager authorising a statement saying there was "no possibility" they would sell. "Cristiano recently signed a new contract until 2010 and the club fully expects him to honour that contract ... We are not in the business of selling our best young players."

Ronaldo was more equivocal in declarations to the Spanish and Portuguese press. "There are possibilities for me to continue at Manchester United but there are other possibilities as well," he said. "There is still nothing concrete but I believe the issue will be resolved before the end of the week."

Couldnt think where else to post this so here it is. Certainly strange goings on if its true he made his mind up all that time ago yet still extended his contract....