SPL Player of the Year

Is this the same as the english league when votes are done in January??

Very very silly. Weir and McGregor have easily been better than 3. Frank McAvennie's love child has had about 4 good games producing a few silky skills but has done nothing else.

And there was me thinking just the sports writers' awards had no credibility.

You just have to laugh at them.

It must be the likes of Diamond being as bitter as our ******* press.

Players better than their 3 nominated:

McGregor

Carlos

Weir

And that's jsut for starters. Nevermind the guys who are at the likes of Well and Dundee Utd who I dont see every week and have their respective teams flying. (Yes I know Robson was there til Jan, but if we're giving it out for half a season where's Hutton?)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/scottish-football/2008/04/07/three-celtic-players-nominated-as-player-of-the-year-86908-20375840/

What a joke, How can they jutisy this? Robson hasn't kicked a ball since he's went there and the goals have dried up for McDonald

Where is McShagger or Weir?

My first thought was a bout Robson too - hasnt kicked a ball in earnest for them since January - which is no different to Hutton.

Hutton did far more than Robson from July-December and just as much since January (i.e. neither has kicked a ball in the SPL - Robson has been poor since Jan) - so why no Hutton ?

And if Robson is included then you would have to include McGregor and Weir - they have both contributed better performances than Robson over a longer period.

Absolute f'ing joke !

Don't know about MacGregor and Weir for SPL games only. We've let more goals in and had less clean sheets that Celtic, so McMannus and Boruc would have a good case to be before them.

I think McGeady is top for assists stats and McDonald is top scorer so maybe they are using stats to help form the short list.

Kind of shows how bad the rest of their team have been since this is the only prizes the Celtic team seem to be in contention for...

I don't think that clean sheets and letting in a set number of goals has to equate to performance levels though.

Celtic have one more clean sheet than us yet have also played one game more.

I think that McGregor has had far more impressive performances than Boruc and has made far fewer big mistakes.

Weir & McManus not as clear cut I don't think - but Weir seems to add more than just his own performance to the solidity of the team whereas McManus has looked pretty vulnerable, more often than Weir IMO.

McGeady and McDonald aside, what justification would the PFA have in selecting Barry Robson ? There is NO WAY he has been more impressive than Alan Hutton or Davie Weir - to suggest otherwise would be foolish IMO.