ya fuckin beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bluenosewishy

I hadn't realised Calscot's point, that only Barca have beaten us over 2 legs in this campaign.

That is some achievement and shows we should not fear anyone. We are hard to beat.

Ant-football.....we still manage to score goals and keep getting to the next stage. Well done to the players and the whole management team

Jon sorry if anyone else had beaten us over two legs we would be out.:confused:

Jon sorry if anyone else had beaten us over two legs we would be out.:confused:

Yeah, but the point is it's fact.

Someone else may have beaten us over two legs in the CL, but the games we didnt win there, we may have, so thats really hypothetical.

The fact is, only Barca have done it...

BTW The ITV4 commentators were pish and usual ignorant Englishmen. They waffle for ages about how it was strange weather for Lisbon and more usual for Glasgow.

I knew this was bollocks as Lisbon just happens to be on the Atlantic coast. So I looked it up and average rainfall for Glasgow for April is 60.5mm, for Lisbon it's 59.5mm. Idiots.

Thing is they were waffling like this all the way through and were still waffling when Davis was just about to pass to Darche to score. I was out of my seat and wondering if the commentators were watching the same game.

So I switched to STV for a while, but then Archie got on my nerves (as did the blue sides to the picture which were distracting) and then changed back. But the commnetary was still very poor.

BTW The ITV4 commentators were pish and usual ignorant Englishmen. They waffle for ages about how it was strange weather for Lisbon and more usual for Glasgow.

I knew this was bollocks as Lisbon just happens to be on the Atlantic coast. So I looked it up and average rainfall for Glasgow for April is 60.5mm, for Lisbon it's 59.5mm. Idiots.

Thing is they were waffling like this all the way through and were still waffling when Davis was just about to pass to Darche to score. I was out of my seat and wondering if the commentators were watching the same game.

So I switched to STV for a while, but then Archie got on my nerves (as did the blue sides to the picture which were distracting) and then changed back. But the commnetary was still very poor.

Aye,but it's the unbiased,no agenda and the genuine excitement from them that wins it for me :drink::rfc:

I fookin love our anti football style...............................anti football my arse...................we play a very good form of modern day football,and i'm glad I watched it on ITV4 as the lads on there were as happy as every other GERS fan

The anti-football comments are starting to annoy me now (not you Ian, the media who spout how we play anti-football).....

We play a system that is deployed across the continent - a 4-5-1 whilst defensive that quickly becomes a 4-3-3 when we have the ball. The only difference between us and the likes of Chelsea and Milan is that we don't have the same quality of player.

But the style of play is NOT anti-football in my opinion, but rather effective football which makes a great deal of sense.

If you play 4-4-2 then you have two strikers, both of whom are likely to ignore defensive duties when the ball is in their own half.

With 4-5-1 and the 4-3-3 it is defensive when you dont have the ball and attacking when you do - nothing wrong with it, it is all part of the tactics of football and makes perfect sense.

For an anti-football team it amazes me then that we have scored 3 away to Lyon, 2 away to Stuttgart and 2 away to Lisbon.... as well as 2 at home to Stuttgart and Bremen - not bad for an anti-football team !

The anti-football comments are starting to annoy me now (not you Ian, the media who spout how we play anti-football).....

We play a system that is deployed across the continent - a 4-5-1 whilst defensive that quickly becomes a 4-3-3 when we have the ball. The only difference between us and the likes of Chelsea and Milan is that we don't have the same quality of player.

But the style of play is NOT anti-football in my opinion, but rather effective football which makes a great deal of sense.

If you play 4-4-2 then you have two strikers, both of whom are likely to ignore defensive duties when the ball is in their own half.

With 4-5-1 and the 4-3-3 it is defensive when you dont have the ball and attacking when you do - nothing wrong with it, it is all part of the tactics of football and makes perfect sense.

For an anti-football team it amazes me then that we have scored 3 away to Lyon, 2 away to Stuttgart and 2 away to Lisbon.... as well as 2 at home to Stuttgart and Bremen - not bad for an anti-football team !

Craig,it's deffo tongue in cheek and total sarcasm from me with this anti football pish,i'm with you on the formation and it's a great formation,with the right players to play it..........WATP :rfc: