My First visit to the Scumdome

Last night was my first visit to Torbett Towers and I have to say I wasn't impressed. My first impression was that it's much smaller than it appears on TV but also the atmosphere seemed a lot less intimidating than I expected, I also thought it seemed less intense even when they scored. IMO Ibrox is much more in your face and louder especially when everyone gets involved.

Another thing that struck me was the cheapness of the place. I know everyone slags the place for being a mechano mess but it's true, did anyone else feel the stand moving when we did the bouncy?

Also was I just imagining it or did they pipe incense into the fans? :confused: :confused: I could've sworn I saw plumes of smoke rising among the Gers fans before and after the game. Plus the whole place had a really weird smell.

I know that I'm completely biased but overall I thought it was a very weird place and certainly nothing for Rangers to be envious of. :rfc: :rfc:

Did anyone else go for the first time last night? If so let's here your opinions.

my firstvisit to it a few years ago was when we played St Johnstone in the semi final of the SC.....Tim workmates & inlaws told my it was something special......My first reaction was......This place was done on the cheap and will last 20 years at most. And yes it does stink!!!

I went once to a European game. It was pishing it down and as I was only as few rows back from the front of the stand behind the goal, it didn't take long to notice that the roof didn't extend over the foremost rows of seats.

I got soaked and the thing that struck me is that when you're standing your legs don't get wet and with winter jacket you're usually ok; but sitting down, your legs get completely soaked and you end up freezing too. I didn't think it was allowed in the UK for that reason ie I thought all seats had to be covered.

Another couple of things I noticed was that the stand opposite the main one has stanchions at the back which block the view from the last 5 or 10 rows. Then the huge stanchions from the main stand block the view for most of the adjacent corner seats of the newer stands and then a couple more block the view for most of the main stand.

They must have at least 20k tickets with, "restricted view" on them.

I think that's one of the reasons they aren't 5 star.

Looking here:

wonderful2.JPG

You can see the stanchions which actually restrict the view of about the last 20 rows. Pretty poor for a modern stadium.

It's about a fifth of the stand.

PS What's with the dark green seats - did they get them on the cheap or something?

You can see here:

Celtic_94_569612.jpg

That if you start to move left the main stand stanchion starts to block the view of the far left corner of the pitch.

Imagine you are in a seat next to it - you'd hardly be able to see the pitch at all.