My First visit to the Scumdome

Last time I was there was whe they had their temporary stand up. It was shit.

Don't know about the allocations we get, but I know from speaking to fans from other club, loads of their tickets are 'restricted view'.

Never been and probably never will go. It is a very depressing place to even look at.

Tralio says it looks smaller when there when on TV - I find every stadium Ive been to does except Murrayfield. I remember being there in the top tier behind the goal (posts FFS - rugby shite) and couldnt believe the size of the top tier going all the way round.

Guest scotzine
Looking here:

wonderful2.JPG

You can see the stanchions which actually restrict the view of about the last 20 rows. Pretty poor for a modern stadium.

It's about a fifth of the stand.

PS What's with the dark green seats - did they get them on the cheap or something?

dark seats are the corporate seats - heated and padded seats - the restricted views really only cover a very small part of the field. if you go to every club ground i nthe UK there are always one or two parts of the ground that have restricted viewing not just celtic park.

and under strachan attendances have fallen as have the atmosphere - results, team selection and the way they play has been a major factor in it - but also the price of tickets generally now also. 25 - 30 quid each week even against wee teams like st.mirren or gretna is shocking. But i guess those clubs can rip off the old firm. They charge their tickets more or less at the same price of some euro games for the OF its shocking.

As for the plumes of smoke coming out of the rangers fans u sure that was just no a few gers fans smoking???

been a few times and it's nothing but a shell, I do admit it looks good on TV when full but that's it. facilities for me are dreadfull.........really looks like a piggery from the outside so well labelled.....

Scot who do you support? :confused:

He's a Celtic fan who runs his site.

He's welcome to post as long as he remains polite and balanced. I know Gersnet users will afford him the same respect.

dark seats are the corporate seats - heated and padded seats

Fair enough but it doesn't look good. It looks a bit patchworklike.

- the restricted views really only cover a very small part of the field.

Yes but I've always found it incredibly annoying, and much prefer an unrestricted view which I've had in good modern grounds. Trying to see round a stanchion at a bit of play, one way then the other, is a pain.

Theres lots of newer stadiums where this isn't an issue, including Ibrox where the only time I had the problem was in the main stand before it was redeveloped.

My first game was at the redeveloped Copeland Road stand about 1980, when I was about 10, and it sort of set a standard for me.

if you go to every club ground i nthe UK there are always one or two parts of the ground that have restricted viewing not just celtic park.

I think Ibrox has a few but not many - and they are the last seats to be filled. Celtic park has tens of thousands of seats like this and few modern stadiums have that many. Older stadiums before cantilevering do of course.

As a Rangers fan it may seem like I'm just having a snidy go at Celtic park but I would genuinely hate it if I had a stanchion in the way when I went to Ibrox.

Last time I had it was at Craven Cottage and I didn't think much of their stadium.

Celtic have done well to get such a huge gate level at such a cheap cost, but the quality sometimes shows.

and under strachan attendances have fallen as have the atmosphere - results, team selection and the way they play has been a major factor in it -

Winning the SPL twice in a row and getting to the last 16 in the CL twice hasn't mitigated that then? I think both sets of OF fans, need to stop expecting to see Barcelona type performances. I watched a bit of the much vaunted Premiership recently with a Portsmouth game and a Chelsea game. Both were dire.

Not many teams in Europe play really attractive football and also win trophies. Arsenal are a good case in point.

but also the price of tickets generally now also. 25 - 30 quid each week even against wee teams like st.mirren or gretna is shocking.

That sounds more expensive than Ibrox where I think it's about 20-22 quid for most tickets unless it's gone up. But it's still far cheaper than the EP.

Trouble is that both clubs are trying to compete in Europe with teams who are getting a lot more media money - 50M to the likes of Spurs from TV, and these clubs from bigger countries also charge at least 50% more for a ticket.

The OF need money from somewhere to compete and outside TV and sponsorship, they can only really get it from the fans. The more they charge, and still keep the high attendances, the more they can spend.

It's paradoxical that fans will complain at the price of a ticket but then complain that the club are not spending. It's the same with tax, people complain they pay too much, but when asked to pay for something like prescriptions or some charity etc, say the government should pay for it. You can't have it both ways.

But i guess those clubs can rip off the old firm. They charge their tickets more or less at the same price of some euro games for the OF its shocking.

I think they have to charge their own fans the same. However the best answer to that is to boycott those that charge too much as it's on telly anyway and it's not exactly helping your club financially.

They'll soon get the message - although I suppose it depends on how much your team rely on the vociferousness of their fans to spur them on.

Rangers showed against Leeds that you can win without any supporters in the stadium.

As for the plumes of smoke coming out of the rangers fans u sure that was just no a few gers fans smoking???

No idea. Hope anyone who smokes is immediately kicked out. Irresponsible thing to do after Bradford.

He's a Celtic fan who runs his site.

He's welcome to post as long as he remains polite and balanced. I know Gersnet users will afford him the same respect.

The only time I have visited his site, he couldn't handle the arguments that were put forward by bears (in a non-abusive manner) so he deleted the thread.

He tries to sell it as a non-partisan site, but it's not. Very pro-Celtic.