Cuellar - Alan Smith swap deal

To be honest I wouldn't want that deal. Cuellar has probably been one of our best signings in the past 10/15 years and Alan Smith is getting worse.

Agree with that. The big man must stay!!!!

apparently he was in the gers end at parkhead on sunday, and the papers want cuellar gone...

2+2 = 5! (thats not 5 factorial for any of you smart-arses out there, although thats what the mhedia get sometimes! :P)

totally agree knew the story would come out today after FF had the pictures of Smith in his rangers gear at the scum on sunday.

That sounds like the worst deal ever!

FWIW I still rate Smith and I think given some freedom and being played in the right position, especially for a club like us who he likes, he could do a good job. But the way Cuellar is playing and attracting attention form England, even just in terms of his profile as a player, is similar to how Hutton was being talked-up earlier in the season. If he finishes the season strongly, then I'd have thought his value wouldn't be far off 10M.

I think since we sold Hutton, we don't need the money. The thing is 9m was more attractive than keeping Hutton, whereas keeping Cuellar is more attractive than receiving 10M. He's a more important player and one we should try to keep for the long term - if we can.

I would turn down 15M for him as I think he's that important.

Smith has never been the same player since his bad injury, although he was playing regularly in a very poor Newcastle team albeit out of position IMO.

Would I take Smith? Yes for sure!

Would I take Smith in a swap deal for Cuellar - no chance!