Great News: Ferguson to return on Sunday...

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1873_1328602,00.html

The 28-year-old midfielder has targeted a return to action in their final match in South Africa against Sundowns FC on Sunday.

Ferguson underwent surgery to cure a persistent ankle problem towards the end of last season.

He was told he could miss the first month of the new campaign, which begins at Motherwell on July 30, but says he is well ahead of schedule.

"I started running about three weeks ago and I am hoping to join up with the team in the coming days," he said.

"I'm really pleased about that and I am desperate to get 45 minutes in the game against Sundowns but we'll just have to see how things go.

"I am recovering faster than expected because I didn't think I would be playing at all for another couple of weeks, but I hope to possibly get some game time in our final match here in South Africa."

Rangers ended last season third in the SPL and without any trophies but Ferguson is confident of success under new manager Paul Le Guen.

"I believe we are capable of bringing the title back where it belongs and that's at Ibrox," he told the Rangers News.

"The manager has a massive reputation and has worked with so many world-class players in the past, so everyone is looking forward to the challenges ahead.

"We can only improve from last year, that's for sure, and we are determined to do that.

"The manager had three great seasons at Lyon, winning the championship every time and of course we want to help him continue that success here at Rangers."

I'm not going to get too excited about things until he's fully fit. We regularly see that players are flying in training after an operation but then pick up a few niggles that postpones or aborts their comebacks.

I'm not going to get too excited about things until he's fully fit. We regularly see that players are flying in training after an operation but then pick up a few niggles that postpones or aborts their comebacks.

I think with PLG seemingly being the fitness freak that he is, he wont let players play through the pain barrier and take injections for as long as Barry has been allowed to do that.

If players arent fit then they wont play, thats the vibe im getting at the moment.

Great news but let's hope we've learned from our past mistakes and don't rush him back to quick.

A fully fit Ferguson is the best player in the league.

Gotta agree with you on both points Gaz. Fingers crossed.

The Power of Positive Thought.

The New Self-Help Guide by Stewarty

Available in all good bookshops!

You know, I was just reading Fergie's article and it really inspires enthusiasm for the new season - he seems as if he is desperate to put last season behind him and the club and just wants to get that trophy back - and with that level of desire I think he can and will inspire gers to the league trophy come next May !