Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest gourock1

Despite Boyd not appearing as much as I`d like to have seen,he is worth his salt,for the holes he has dug us out of this season.The last thing Rangers need is to sell the lad on.He is someone you can allways turn to and still has time to work on other areas of his overall game.Walter has been back for a season and a half now,and has surely seen something in Boyd,otherwise he could have let him go allready.

JCD is another ,who will give his all,and with Lafferty,Miller and Vellicka now part of the set up,I can see him moving on.Such a pity he has been dogged by the achilles injury,it would be great to get 90 minutes out of him regularly.

Me?..I can`t wait untill Cousin gets tae somewhere,he announced as soon as he got to Rangers that he fancied the Premiership.His agent Willie McKay was I`m sure,the same person who brought Boumsong to Ibrox,only to leave before he`d dirtied his boots.Fullham have lost interest now and not surprising after his indiscipline.Trying to headbutt other players,is just frowned upon these days.He is the priority,when it comes to gwtting rid .

My humble opinion ,of course.

Despite Boyd not appearing as much as I`d like to have seen,he is worth his salt,for the holes he has dug us out of this season.The last thing Rangers need is to sell the lad on.He is someone you can allways turn to and still has time to work on other areas of his overall game.Walter has been back for a season and a half now,and has surely seen something in Boyd,otherwise he could have let him go allready.

JCD is another ,who will give his all,and with Lafferty,Miller and Vellicka now part of the set up,I can see him moving on.Such a pity he has been dogged by the achilles injury,it would be great to get 90 minutes out of him regularly.

Me?..I can`t wait untill Cousin gets tae somewhere,he announced as soon as he got to Rangers that he fancied the Premiership.His agent Willie McKay was I`m sure,the same person who brought Boumsong to Ibrox,only to leave before he`d dirtied his boots.Fullham have lost interest now and not surprising after his indiscipline.Trying to headbutt other players,is just frowned upon these days.He is the priority,when it comes to gwtting rid .

My humble opinion ,of course.

So good you told us twice!

But yes I agree, Cousin has to go

Cardiff will come back with an improved offer for Rangers striker Kris Boyd and are willing to go to �£3.5m for their number one striking target. (Evening Times, 1600 GMT)

I think if they go to �£3.5m, Rangers will accept. Whether he will go is a different mattter

If this young 17 year old aaron ramsey is worth 5 million, why isnt Boyd price much higher??? it really pisses me off

boyd has played more and scored more than this kid and they offer only half of what they got from him

if fucking madness lol

i think would miss him big time if he left, we need a poacher/goal scorer at the club and he is the only proven one we have..........

I agree. But �£3.5 million is a good return for a guy who cost 400k and probably wont be a first pick. I'm just not sure he'd want to go to Cardiff.

Hope he stays

I can't understand why we're signing so many forwards. Afterall this is the area of the team that least needs strengthening. All 4 strikers (Darche, Cousin, Boyd & Novo) were given a reasonable crack at it (albeit through rotation) last season and came up with the goods. Judging by their scoring records, the guys who've just been brought in would be lucky to score as many goals as any of these 4 in a season, even if they started every game. Unless Walter plans on playing 3 up front every week, I just don't get it ...and even then, with a reported �£6 million to spend it just seems like a pointless waste of funds.

IMO we desperately need a playmaker - a creative, attacking midfielder (Davis??). I think we also need someone in the middle who can offer leadership when Ferguson gets injured (as you would expect him to). This way we won't be playing half the season with our captain at 50%. We also need a right-back as Broadfoot just isn't good enough out there (Whittaker??).

As for players leaving, I really hope we can hold on to MacGregor, Cuellar and Boyd as these players should be the foundations of our team for many years to come. I think the amount of critisism that Cousin gets is very unfair. He scored some important goals in big games for us last season and although he went AWOL in a few games, I don't see any of the Scots players who did likewise getting the same abuse from the 'support'. That said, if we're offered anywhere near the �£3million that Fulham were prepared to pay in January, I wouldn't be too sorry to see him go. It would also be good to see Buffel removed from the wage bill. I've always rated him highly, but Walter obviously doesn't, so best get rid.