Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Well out of the name you mentioned there Gribz i'd expect JCD, and Boyd to go and Cousin if someone will take him. Novo and McCulloch give more options than JCD and Boyd so are more valuable squad players although don't score the same number of goals.

If we get Davis signed up we are well stocked for central midfielders. Is a creative midfielder and couple of quality wide midfielders we require as well as an attacking LB. Then maybe team could look like -

_________________McGregor_________________________

Whittaker__Cuellar_____Webster (Papac)___Smith (new LB)

_______________________Thomson___________________

_____________Davis____Ferguson (new creative midfielder)

Velicka__________Miller_____________Beasley

Well out of the name you mentioned there Gribz i'd expect JCD, and Boyd to go and Cousin if someone will take him. Novo and McCulloch give more options than JCD and Boyd so are more valuable squad players although don't score the same number of goals.

If we get Davis signed up we are well stocked for central midfielders. Is a creative midfielder and couple of quality wide midfielders we require as well as an attacking LB. Then maybe team could look like -

_________________McGregor_________________________

Whittaker__Cuellar_____Webster (Papac)___Smith (new LB)

_______________________Thomson___________________

_____________Davis____Ferguson (new creative midfielder)

Velicka__________Miller_____________Beasley

That team really doesnt excite me at all. Doesnt look like a better team than we had last saeason

Well to me it adds two genuine attacking full backs...the one major factor we were missing last season after Hutton left...never had an attacking threat on the left with Papac there. And we never had any real quality width furthur forward after Beasley got injured...was makeshift forwards after that.

Ideally i'd like to see a real out and out right winger brought in...and for the creative midfielder to play more behind the central striker...but don't see it happening.

5 strikers (Velicka, Lafferty, Miller, Boyd, JCD) along with others who can play there - Novo, McCulloch, Naismith (when fit) and Cousin is still on the books, PLUS young Fleck.

We have strikers coming out our ears. Why do i get the impression WS is going to play these out of position and as wide players because we cant get midfielders.

I'm assuming Cousin will go to someone in the bottom half of the Premiership.

Naismith is supposedly out for months yet, so I think we can count him out for the rest of this year.

WS seems to prefer Novo on the right & from the bench, which I kind of agree is the way to get the most out of him unless we sign a proper right winger.

While Fleck is an exciting talent, I don't see any reason to rush him, is he not just turned 16 or 17?

McCulloch has been mince up front, so I guess that leaves us with...

Velicka

Lafferty

Miller

Boyd

JCD

5 players going for maybe 2 positions? Of course, maybe Wattie will want to play one up top again with a pair of forwards alongside him almost in a 4-3-3. Would make sense as we seem light on natural goalscorers in that list.

If JCD struggles with injuries again, I could see him dropping down the pecking order. Lafferty is 20, so that probably puts him on the bench in every SPL game at worst.

I think it will hinge on what formation we play and ultimately, who we sign for the midfield/wide positions.

I think Walter is responding to the criticism for last seasons negative tactics.

Mcgregor in goal, King Carlos at the back and 9 strikers. You score 3 we'll score 184!!

haha

if only, he would even think about playing with more than 1 striker upfront

he's just scared incase what happened last year too many players where out injured at the same time

On the Dutch telly tonight one of the pundits hit the nail on the head. He said football players don't play negative football. Coaches(managers) make them play negative football. That is Walter Smith for me in one sentence.

Its all well having these strikers, im actually not complaining about it. But we can have all these players yet we still dont have anyone in the squad (bar Buffel) who is capable of the bit of magic in central midfield.

I dont see Ferguson and Thomson as the answer to setting up chance after chance. Davis is a possibility but he hasnt signed yet but he is also guff on the right.

Its all well having these strikers, im actually not complaining about it. But we can have all these players yet we still dont have anyone in the squad (bar Buffel) who is capable of the bit of magic in central midfield.

I dont see Ferguson and Thomson as the answer to setting up chance after chance. Davis is a possibility but he hasnt signed yet but he is also guff on the right.

buffel can produce magic, tell me when he has m8 as i've never seen it from him :confused:

best disappearing act during a game is what i usually see from him, but it's not the magic we all want to see though :D