Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Rangers could miss out on both Kyle Lafferty, as Alan Gow is not sure he wants to join Burnley as part of the deal, and also Steve Davis, as Fulham want �£4m for him (Daily Record).

To be honest, I wouldn't be overly upset if we missed out on either player.

RANGERS were today ready to offer Alan Gow a financial sweetener so they can seal the signing of giant Burnley striker Kyle Lafferty.

SportTimes can reveal that Gow's agent, Phil McTaggart, held talks with Gers chief executive Martin Bain at Murray Park this morning.

On Tuesday, Rangers struck a �£3million deal plus add-ons for Northern Ireland internationalist Lafferty, with Gow offered as a makeweight

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2351756.0.0.php

So not only are we paying off players who were shite for us, we are now paying off players who have played TWO competitive games for us.

I would have liked to have seen Gow get a chance to be honest. Couldn't have been worse than McCulloch at the back end of the season.

Thankfully Gow didn't cost us anything and Lafferty's wage will be offset, to an extent, by the removal of Gow's wage.

The Gow thing seems strange, but people on FF seem to have two explanations for his lack of appearances.

1. Quite a few who say they watch the reserve matches say he's been average at best and that's why he's not broken in to the first team.

2. He's had a run-in with Walter.

I'm given to believe 1 as 2 seems to be levelled at anyone not in favour with Wattie, but I've not seen any reserve games so i can't comment.

Paying the lad off is disappointing, but hardly surprising.

How many strikers are we going for!!

too many, we need some quality midfielders soon.......

this guy is another tall striker but has a decent scoring record and would be less of a gamble than lafferty...........